Sunday, October 3, 2021

One fun day

We made it out of quarantine just in time for school open houses. Serious tender mercy. It would have been so hard to go back without a little bit of familiarity, especially for our rising 6th grader. 

Delaney has Frankie’s 4th grade teacher and we all liked her, so she is excited. She doesn’t have Ellie, or, for the first time since pre-k, Sephie, but she wasn’t phased at all and was excited to make some new friends. 

I guess I didn’t take any pictures with Adi? Then it was time for our big 6th grader. 

Matt and I took her in the order of her schedule so she could see how to walk from room to room. 

Then Matt printed her several copies of the school map and she highlighted her path and put a copy in lots of different places. 

Delta was still out of control and I seriously wondered what we were doing sending our kids back. I felt/feel safe for a few months since we just had it, but it was so bad. 

The day before the Montana crew left, we put on our big girl pants and went to 6 flags. I still wasn’t feeling great, but really wanted to do something fun for the crew. 

The sweet kids were cooped up for their last few weeks of summer and it was such a bummer. 

The water park wasn’t open first thing, so we hit some rides. 

I am always happy to wait with Carter. 

It was so hot so we were super excited to get to the water park. We played in the baby pool most of the time. After a few hours, Carter fell asleep and I was not sad to have to sit and hold him. 

Delaney is too cool to smile? Matt checked in on us and we sent him this. 

The girls went off to ride water rides and we spent time in the wave pool with the boys. Emmett was so fun, trying to be brave, but he definitely held on tight. 

Carter learned to sit up while he was here, and he loved just sitting in the water splashing it with his flat hand. 

We managed to keep that giant white head from getting burned if you can believe it. 

After the water park we went to ride some rides. Adi met a friend and they rode Harley Quinn, which is a crazy ride I could hardly watch. 

And then there was lightning, so they closed the rides, and since it was almost closing time, we decided to head out. And that’s when Adi got stung by a bee. 9 people in our crew walking and she’s the one that got stung. Why??? 😩

Of course I didn’t have her epi pen with me because why would I? I’m not used to this yet. We went to the first aid office and they gave us some sting wipes and an ice pack. This is what it looked like by the time we got home, but she didn’t have any trouble breathing, so we can handle this. 

I tried to get in all the snuggle time I could. 

We all did. Even when we looked like we were being punished. 😂🤷‍♀️



No comments: