Sunday, October 3, 2021

First day of school 2021

We were all nervous and excited for back to school! The night before we did fathers blessings and packed backpacks and laid out outfits. 

6am came early, but we were ready!

Everyone was all smiles!

We said prayers and they were ready to roll. 

6th and 8th grade. 

They came up with this one and I think it’s adorable. And also, I tightened Frankie’s backpack for her after this. 

I told them I wouldn’t wave, but then they waved first, so I had to. 

I was a bundle of excited energy too. 

Good thing, because this is what my morning consisted of. Did I mention that all during the dark days of Covid we were out a dishwasher? Worst timing. 

And then there was 1. 

She was so excited to be the only Ray at Duke. 

Still rocking those pink cowgirl boots. Since pre-k. 

They let them into the school through the back doors now. And then, for the first time in 18 months, I was alone. Matt was out of town too, so I was alone alone. First up, dentist!

I tidied and then made cookies for the school goers like I do every year. 

The Finlayson’s also went back to school. Lexi just got promoted to be a director at the daycare, so she’s busy busy learning the ropes. 

Inspired by Amy, I bought our first poof. Now we have three. 🤷‍♀️

The girls got home excited to tell me all about their first day!

It was a good day all around. Frankie tells me often about how often the kids drop the f bomb and say other inappropriate things. 😩

That afternoon I had an appt with our pediatrician to check out adi’s arm. 

She’s the one that told us it was most likely just gravity working the histamine down. We’ve been waiting months to get into the allergist also, just fyi. 

Papa came over bearing gifts. Delaney has tried, more than once to actually take this to school in the rain. 🙄

That morning Tracie had called me to let me know Carolee had passed away. That night I read through old blogs about girls camp and missed my friend. 

I think I grabbed this collage from Debby’s blog. We had such a fun time at girls camp!

And then carolee replaced Tracie in my presidency. I knew it had to be her. There have been lots of callings I wasn’t 100% about, but this is one I was. And it was a stretching calling for her, but I loved serving together. 

We made her take silly pictures with us every year and she only did it because she loved us. And peer pressure. Lots of nice peer pressure. 

We cracked up at this silly one of me blowing my noisemaker. I always laughed with Carolee. 

This was a fun one. She even put on the 80’s makeup for us. 

I remember the presidency meeting when she told us she had been sick and was going to the dr, and would we pray for her. And then every step along the way as she went to another dr and waited, and another, and more waiting. So much waiting! We fasted and prayed for her and took over her assignments when she was sick. I remember the day she told me her diagnosis and i looked it up and cried. It was all so surreal, and i wanted her to have more time. I miss her. But I know she was ready. She knew who she was and her testimony was firm. I think of her often and wonder what she’s doing up there. Her first general conference in heaven, I wonder what that must be like! She was a wonderful woman and I’m so glad she was my sister in the Gospel. 

Until we meet again, my friend. 💕


No comments: