Thursday, June 13, 2019

One more day!

Just one more day till summer officially begins! We are super excited. I will admit though that at this point I’m usually dying for summer, and this time I just kind of feel right. Part of me can’t believe the school year is almost over. Have I mentioned that 2019 has been a weird year for me?

Just look at this baby girl. This one. I. Can’t. Even. She’s such an amazing girl. She’s heads and tails above where I was at 11. She’s smart, brave, spiritual, kind, and generous. I’m so lucky to be her momma. 

I wasn’t sure about these baskets in the powder room, but I like the way it’s all coming together. I’d like to find a tray for the toilet top and I’ve got a print to frame and then it’ll be complete. Actually, the first absolutely complete room. I don’t think I have a fear of completion, but I sure do find it difficult. 

Turns out my penicillin made me nauseous. Started slow, but by day 2, I was feeling super sick. D came for some cuddles while i rested. 

Today I was able to pick up a different prescription, and after one dose, I’m feeling fine. Also, the food pharmacists at Ride Aid know me by name. šŸ¤·‍♀️ My v healthy family are frequent flyers there apparently. I’m gonna choose to see the good customer service. 

We visited a new barn today with our Aussie friends, Ellie and crew. They picked us up and we watched their lessons. After, we got to see a pregnant horse and she was so beautiful! She’s ready to deliver any day now and is seeking darkness and solitude in her little stable room. She didn’t look super pregnant to me until I pet her, and then I felt a motherly bond to her. She’s so beautiful and amazing and I would love to see her delivery! They’ve got a text notification going on, so šŸ¤žšŸ¼. 

I put together Mrs. G’s gift from the class and the girls and I all made cards. Mrs. G is the first teacher to have all 3 girls and we have loved every minute of knowing her. She is such a treasure,  one of the best teachers we’ve ever encountered. What a blessing to start their school careers off with such a wonderful teacher!

Tonight we had a beautiful rain. It’s been so cool and comfortable and we’re getting amazing storms rolling through. Matt came in and told us to come out and see a rainbow, so we all scurried out to see. And then I did the double rainbow guy, because that will never stop being funny, and there was actually a double rainbow. Also, D is fabulous. Also, Frankie was slow making it out. 

And fomorrow is our last day to have a 1st, 3rd, and 5th grader. 

No comments: