Saturday, June 8, 2019

Cherry blossoms 2019

I hope someday to be “caught up” on blogging, whatever that means. As it stands now I still would like to blog my brothers wedding from like, 4 years ago, Lexi’s wedding of 2 years ago, and the past 2 summers, not to mention other fun. It’s so important to me and I hate that I’m not consistent, but when blog problems happen, I just can’t deal. And then i know i often post pictures twice because who can remember? And i also waste time trying to figure out what I’ve posted and what i haven’t. Anyways, apparently I never posted our cherry blossom adventure on April 3rd, so here we go. 

Peak bloom happened during a week that we had free days and i talked Laura into coming with us - which is not hard to do and one of my favorite things about her. We’ve been here 10 years and I've seen cherry blossoms at various stages of bloom, but never peak, so i was supes excited!

First stop - gas station for potty breaks and shade trying on. 

I read lots of peak cherry blossom articles and we decided to go early and take the metro. I can’t remember what time we left, but it was early. We went through the I hardly ever take the metro and how in the world does this all work again rigamarole. 

Riding the metro is so fun for these gals. 

Because there are so many of us it’s really less expensive and easiest to drive in and park, so the metro is always a treat.  

It was a really lovely day. It was slightly chilly in the morning, but not too bad. 

And it wasn’t terribly crowded, which was the very best. 

And cherry blossoms are beautiful and so are these girls. 

We took loads of pictures and the girls took loads on the camera. 

We walked all around the tidal basin. 

And of course checked out the bathroom and gift shops at Jefferson. Addie had me send this to her teacher because they are reading parts of Common Sense. 

We stopped there for snacks and ambiance taking in. 

These adventurous kids! Chris and Daniel rejected our invitation. 

Haha. It’s hard to get faces of various heights and cherry blossoms in the same picture. 


Running out of captions for cute girls and beautiful cherry blossoms and also since this was 2 months ago. 



We spent some time looking at all the memorials. I don’t know if the girls had ever walked through Roosevelt’s memorial. 

By early afternoon things were definitely getting more crowded. Not terrible yet. 

We watched the petals flittering into the water from the bridge for a few minutes. 

We are so lucky to live here. 

A girl after her papa’s heart. 

More cherry blossom pics to come. 🤗

1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

Wow!! L.T.B.

It was fun to see the little SX 420 out and about!!

There were some seriously good portraits of the girls with the blossoms. Seriously good.

What a treasure chest of memories you're creating for your kiddoes.

I got to visit the Roosevelt Memorial last October!! #tripofalifetime

Thank you for sharing your adventures with me. Keep up the good work, as you can, and have fun!!