Thursday, May 30, 2019

Lexi comes to town!

Lexi’s friend Taylor got married in Norrh Carolina over Memorial Day weekend, and since she was going to already be on this side of the country, she came home for a few days. It was so weird and fun to see her pregnant belly! Wierdly, Christian also had a wedding to go to in Tennessee, so he swung by NC and picked Lu up and brought her home with him. They showed up Monday evening while we were at the pool. 

From there it was full speed ahead because we hosted a fun shower for Lex Tuesday evening. Because i love food, let’s talk the menu. I had made and frozen Swig sugar cookies, and these amazing cake balls. 

I also made spinach dip and chips, fruit salsa (fail. Somehow I found a different recipe and didn’t notice till we were almost done making it🤷‍♀️), with cinnamon chips that took off the skin of 3 fingers. One chip was banging over the edge when I took it out of the oven, so I went to lightly tap it back onto the cookie sheet, but the cinnamon sugar stuck to my thumb, index, and middle finger. It started to blister immediately, and put me out of commission for a few hours. Thankfully we were almost done by that point, and thankfully also we have fresh aloe and lavender essential oil. And thankfully also, I’ve taught the little girls how to clean the wood floors so they did the formal dining room. But back to the food. I made lemon creme cupcakes, slush punch, a cracker and cheese platter, and then threw some strawberries out too. Other than the fruit salsa, it was pretty yummy. 

We had 31 people rsvp and I was a little nervous. 18 showed up, and it was just perfect. 🤗

We played a guess the celebrity baby photo guessing game and baby shower trivia. Because the theme was ‘Mommy to bee,’ I gave small jars of local honey as prizes. Bees and boney is a lot harder theme than lemon, which is where my brain goes with yellow, so it was kind of a honey/lemon theme. 😂

Everyone dutifully working on their games!

Then it was present time! Everyone showered our girls with such generosity and love, she’s so excited to show Cade, and more so to use everything on baby Emmett. 

I wore my “Mimi since 2019” shirt Chelsea made me, and at the end of the night snapped a picture of the mommy to bee. It was a fun night!



No comments: