Thursday, May 9, 2019

3 doors down

I painted 3 more doors this week. I stop start/stop start projects often. This last stop was not by choice. When Matt took the girls snowboarding I painted for 8+ hours straight and my old lady thumb was all like, no thanks. Since then it’s been crazy sore, When i bend it it pops out of the socket, and it hurts to put any pressure on it, even holding a pencil. So the lesson learned is that old lady body parts don’t take kindly to overuse and i need to stop and stretch and baby maself. Old lady thumb is doing much better and I think soon I’ll be able to bend it without pain. Old lady fingers crossed. 

It’s book fair week at school, which means every day I’ve gotten to go have lunch with one girl and go to the book fair. F was today, D yesterday, and A Tuesday. They each got to pick 1 book. 

Addies on a roller blading kick. She’s such a fun girl. I’ve had several different people this week tell me what a sweet girl she is. 

And Frankie, who, much to her chagrin, does not have roller blades that fit her, learned how to bike without hands. #jelly

Bubba came over on Tuesday, so he came with me to addies lunch/book fair day. He was all the rage among the 5th grade crew. 

Along with the old lady thumb, i also got my first mammogram this week. I was on the fence and researched and asked around and finally decided on the new and more accurate 3D mammo. So when I made my appointment I checked to make sure they offered that and when she said yes I figured I was set. I was disappointed when I went to my appointment to find that there’s only one 3D machine and it was tied up the whole day I was there. But the pink smock was cute. And I don’t know what the big deal is about them, it wasn’t bad at all. 

I ♥️ baby bugs. 

The girls love playing at Johnna’s waiting for each other during their lessons. Super Frankie. 



And finally, a little Come Follow Me action shot. I really love studying with my family and can’t wait to dive even deeper into the New Testament. 




2 comments:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

As your father and a man approximately 30 years older than you, I deeply resent and dislike your 'comments' concerning your 'Old Lady Thumb'.

Ouch!! If you're claiming 'Old Lady' status for something as minor as, obviously, straining the weak muscles around your opposing digit then shame on you for not exercising properly. Shame!! But, Baby Girl, the real fun of growing old has yet to start!

Believe me when I say to you with all sincerity . . . growing old is NOT for wimps.

Again, exercise your digits on something other than eating bon bons an d switching between cable channels and you'll be OK . . . for about 10-15 years.

Love ya!!

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

P.S. Great Blog!! Love'em!!