Saturday, May 25, 2019

Fireflies

Memorial Day weekend means our annual neighborhood 5k. We didn’t run this year, for only the 2nd time in the 8 years it’s been happening. Delaney was the only little that was awake during the race, but we cheered on the runners as best we could. 

The girls got their swimsuits on as soon as they woke up. Then we searched for our proximity card to allow us into the pool for at least an hour. I’m not infallible, but i feel quite certain that I did not lose that dumb card. Anyways, we finally decided to order a new card for $25. So dumb. 

It was only in the 70’s or low 80’s today, so it wasn’t warm at the pool. At one point Delaney asked why we had to go to the pool that day, as if I had made them. 😂 I think she actually meant why is the pool open when it’s cold. Then the pool chemicals were off and wouldn’t be ready for another hour, so we left after only one hour of swimming and 30 minutes of waiting. 

We’re putting finishing touches on the house which are the most stressful for me. I’m learning about decorating rules, like how high to hang pictures and how to make rooms look larger and more comfortable. I think that rooms that just feel nice have most likely followed the rules of decorating. I am not confident in my abilities at all, which makes it all feel very stressful. Like these two pictures I put up in the powder room. This took 4 nail holes and lots of time measuring. 🤦‍♀️

While Frankie and Delaney played at the park, Addie and Matt took a drumstick break. 

Stresssssssful. And the shower is Tuesday. 1st world problems, it will be totally fine. 

I’ve got plans for some pictures going up the stairs. Pics are supposed to be hung 60” about each step, so i messily measured and taped. Lexi said she’ll help when she comes Monday, doing it with a buddy will be so much easier. Grown up children as buddies is super sweet. 

Taaa-daaa! Still needs some love, but it’s coming along and I really love it. 

And some bonus pictures. She’s slept with her arms straight up since she was a baby. 💕

And scripture hijinx with Bubba. We love Come Follow Me and reading about the saviors life. My relationship with Him has grown stronger and more personal as we’ve studied together this year. 

We’ve lived in this beautiful home for 10 years and 2 days. How did that happen? It’s been a good house with lots of ups and lots of downs, definitely more ups than downs. We love living in Maryland in our little White House on P street. 

And finally, at the Martines/Ely graduation party tonight I saw the first fireflies of the season - absolute summer favorite. 

No comments: