Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Goodbye to our Mc’s

Today was an at home day for me. I love adventures and I love at home days. I mean, love love. Also, there’s a new royal baby that I’m pretty stoked about, apropos of nothing. 

After piano we picked daddy up and went to Sweet Frog for spirit night. We try to do a few spirit nights each year. 

Addie was telling me a story while we were at piano and she was so cute and earnest. She is so grown up and such a sweet girl. She was a little sassy while practicing piano before piano. She was frustrated that she couldn’t figure out a note and when I offered to help she said, and I quote “you won’t be able to figure it out either!” in a real sassy way. She’s so kind and patient, and I couldn’t figure it out incidentally, that I let it slide and she got over her anger pretty quickly. Then at piano she thanked me for letting them take lessons. She’s such a good little pianist!

A few weeks back Delaney found a wishbone of chicken on our plate. “Take a picture, mommy!”

Attention! Attention! Attention! After more than 9 years of being the only girl born in the Patuxent ward in all of 2010, Frankie finally has a girlfriend in her class. And best of the best, she’s a sweetie! Sarah said Abby loser all the girls and used the timer to take this picture! She rocked it!

Delaney and Frankie are super excited about my curly curl journey and really want to be curly girls too. This was Delaney’s first night of plopping. 

And she’s a semi curly girl!

Last Sunday our wonderful friends that are more like family rolled out of the SMC for good. We spent a lot of time that week helping them pack, clean, and paint. The last hugs were hard. 

Maggie was younger than Delaney when they moved here. We’ve done a whole lot of living together!

These 4 parents have raised and launched kids, planned holidays, kept company at hospitals and on ambulance rides, celebrated special events, cried, and laughed together for the last 9 years. We’ve done a lot of life with our people. 

Pretty much the most rice or die ever. ๐Ÿ˜‚

And Katie too! This girl is pure gold. We love us some Katie. 

I made the kids all get together for a pic and then Matt and I jumped in. 

Fav silly shots. 

At this point several other families had showed up to see them off, it was last 7 and I hadn’t fed my kids, and I know they needed to hit the road, so we made our departure. 

Since we’d spent so much time there helping and the weathers been so beautiful, the girls fell in love with their backyard (again).

A Saturday shot of cleaning. We ended up ditching the cleaning party to help Laura buy coolers that the movers had packed. 

On Friday night we watched all 4 Aina girls so they could go on a date for Sarah’s birthday. 

Even Isla had a good time. Also, Adeline declared me “the best maker in real life” for my Aldi pizza making skills, soooo. 

Isla loves my girls, which is wonderful because the feeling is totally mutual. 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I love pictures. 

We are sad to see our friends go, but excited for their new adventures. And we’re all just crazy enough that we know we’ll travel together again someday. There are a lot of lights left to see in the world!

No comments: