Sunday, May 26, 2019

Fishtails and Arts in Bloom

Check out this cool braid I did on Frankie. For a girl mom, I am pretty pathetic when it comes to hair. 

It was a lovely warm Sunday. Matt and I took a nap, it is a day if rest after all, and I accidentally slept all afternoon. Guess I was tired? I did do my wash routine this morning, so I was up super early. 🤷‍♀️ We made cake and salad for tomorrow and wrote in journals and talked about Come Follow Me, and made phone calls and counted Box Tops. Normal, normal. 

We had my dads drill sargent hats on a shelf in our closet and Matt one day suggested we hang them in our newly remodeled basement. The girls went down for something and Frankie came upstairs saying “what are those creepy park ranger hats doing on the wall?” She’s so fun. We’ll put a long picture or sign there to finish off our reading corner. Someday. 

Thursday was Frankie’s first strings concert. She was sick for the winter concert, so it was a first for all of us. Our little violinist did great and it was short and sweet. 

So focused. 

After the concert we walked around the school to see the rest of the art. This is her plate that she made that you can’t eat off of. The one she brought home last week you can eat off of. And she said I can have whichever one I want, but she would really like to keep both. She’s such a trip. 

Addie left this cute little feather dish inside my blankets one day. It was a late Mother’s Day gift for me. 🤗

I don’t know what these are. 🤷‍♀️ But Frankie was quite sure that one she’s pointing to was hers. As opposed to some years when we’ve had drama and strife because we didn’t know who’s was who’s. 

D wasn’t quite sure which was hers, so she just posed with them all. 

I love when they do these pieces! Some of my favorites!

And finally, photo booth fun. 

These little besties. 


No comments: