Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Honor flight - part 3

Addie wore her New Mexico shirt (courtesy of papa) and got loads of attention. Turns out a lot of people have connections with New Mexico. Also, since I got back from El Paso with my snazzy new UTEP shirt, I’ve met several people that are also Miners. Go figure. 

Bubba had texted us that they would have a mail call for each veteran, and Delaney was working hard on completing her picture for papa. She also made one for “grandpa jerry” a cute vet that we met at the airport and offered to be the girls 3rd grandpa. 💕

The guardian and his charge, deep in conversation. 

Playing with the portrait feature on ma phone. 

Frankie feels a connection to Hawaii (don’t we all?) despite having never been there. She made friends with a guardian and her vet and every time we saw them she’d ask if we got our tickets to Hawaii yet. 

😍

Twinning. 

Always time for a picture. 

One of the highlights of the weekend was being able to walk the Vietnam Memorial wall with my dad. 

I am grateful to live in a place where we honor those that have sacrificed and I know their service has been consecrated for them. It gives me a lot of peace. 

It was a quick moving weekend, all of this was before 11!

No comments: