Friday, October 12, 2018

10

***Written Oct. 4

Yesterday we loaded up the Jolly Green Giant with these fun ladies and headed to Philadelphia! We met at 10, left by 10:30, dropped Jospeh off at his friends house by 2, and hit the Reading Market by 2:30. I love that place! 

Philadelphia is such a fun town! We walked all around and settled on some authentic gyros from a cute little spot. 

The session didn’t start till 6:30, but I didn’t know how to plan, I hadn’t thought about the fact that the temple wouldn’t even be open till 5:30. We headed to the temple anyway and hung out in the garden roof across from the temple. It was a perfect day, cool breeze, perfectly warm, just beautiful. 

Before every trip I get anxious. This one was no different. I started worrying about how far we’d be driving, what if we didn’t have enough to talk about for 4 hours? What if I get too tired to drive? What if something happens to the jolly green? Like most anxieties, the worry was all for naught. We could have talked for another 8 hours, I was tired, but fine, and the jolly green is a rockstar. 

We were able to do some of my family name sealings and I had a great aha at the beginning of the session, so it was really great. 

Love this building. 

Today was rough. I tutored at 8:30 and I was t-I-r-e-d. I took 2 hours, restless naps. I started Maker Slace with my Thursday team at 11:30. And it was hot. 90 degrees in October is no bueno. 

Frankie broke off this keychain today, so before I threw it away I had to grab a pic. This keychain has such a story to tell about my marriage.

One day I wasn’t home and Matt needed a key. I told him the key was on the lion keychain. See? Clearly a Lion. 

Only he couldn’t find the lion keychain. It was nowhere to be found, totally missing. But he had found what he needed on the “10” keychain. See? Clearly a 10. 

And that is my marriage in a nutshell. I see lions, he sees 10’s. We work hard to meet in the middle, and usually do a pretty good job. It can be hard to be patient and kind when you can’t even see the other way. I’m trying to learn to see the 10’s on my own. 

Tonight Matt had a presidency meeting and I met up with Sarah at the exercise park for Frankie’s gymnastics. 

And tonight Matt and I learned about dieting and crypto cash with Explained. 

2 comments:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

At first I saw a sunflower. Then there was the Lion. Had a slower time seeing the '10' but I eventually got to it...after a few seconds. Perspectives can be...unique, and difficult at times.

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

P.S. I love me some Gyros!! I'm jes' sayin'