Tuesday, October 9, 2018

And another one

We got back from our Washington DC weekend Sunday evening, tired and happy. But school marches on, and our 1st grader had fun with her reading buddies. 

Monday’s mean an hour and a half of piano, which isn’t terrible (I thought it would be). 

Frankie and I do tutoring and the girls play outside, so it’s often quiet’ish time for me after tutoring. And D bought a chocolate with her piano bucks. 

She’s. Always. Talking. 

Today I had a long presidency meeting and then went shopping, so I didn’t have time to paint. Thankfully Bubba and Sarah came over and killed another 2 gallons of paint in the basement. Little by little. 

This cute 6-year-old started horseback riding, so after school today we headed out to Loveville Leather, an Amish shop, to get her helmet and boots. We met some cute Amish kids that loved d’s pink boots. And then, because I didn’t have enough cash for my purchases, he wrote me out an iou. I ♥️ that in 2018 I was able to buy items on credit. And I’ll be seeing my Amish friends again on Thursday when I’m out that way for tutoring. Anyways, the horseback rider!

Christian wore this dinosaur costume for his 2nd Halloween. Awwwwwe. 😍

I had some milk on it’s way out, so I made up 6 batches of pancakes to use it up and freeze the flapjacks. Chris and Sarah ate with us, and it was a great night. 

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

You'll have to teach your kids what an "IOU" is. What a neat experience. And Bubba seems to have a penchant for trying things onto his head. Ask him about being in the Air & Space Museum and the space suit.