Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Honor Flight - part #2

Frankie thought it was a pretty bad deal that she didn’t get to travel with papa all weekend too! She was ready to hop on the bus and head off. 

Chris even wore my grandpa Seagrove’s Pearl Harbor survivors jacket. 💕

Off they go! That night they had a dinner at their hotel. Which, since Chris left his bag in the truck when we went into the airport, we got to drive the hour out to as well. 🙄

The next morning we were on a mission to surprise papa at the WW2 Memorial. We told him we’d see him Sunday afternoon when we picked Christian up at the airport, but we really got a hotel for the weekend. We parked easily and headed to the memorial. It was a perfect fall day!

Frankie assures us that someday she will fall in to the reflection pool. Good to know. 

We were texting Chris to find out exactly where they were. I wasn’t able to video the surprise (dumb phone), but I got a series of pics. 

She kept getting closer and saying “boo! Boo! BOO!”

Until he finally saw her. I think he was surprised. 🤗

She was thrilled to get to be the one to surprise him. We like surprises up in here. 

Success!
It had been awhile since we’d been into dc, and we’ve now got plans for several more trips. So much to do!

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

I heard this squeaky little 'Boo' behind me. Then 'BOO', but I didn't pay attention because, well, why should i? Then the 'BOO!!!!' was in front of me and I finally looked down and, What. The. Heck!!

What a great surprise! Totally unexpected!! As we parted that night I asked Chris if they were going to join us the next day and he tried to look like, 'I don't know' but I figured it out. Duh, it doesn't take me long!

Great fun!!