Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Saturday in Sacramento

Even though I say we live in Sacramento, we are really living about an hour outside of Sacramento in Penn Valley. So for our Saturday adventure we planned a trip into Sacramento to take Matt to the capital, go ice skating, and walk around Old Town.

Our first stop was the capital for a picnic lunch.


I absolutely love all the trees on the grounds. They have trees from all over California, from huge redwoods to palm trees. My favorite are the many fruit trees lined up in a row. Last time we were there I noticed the orange trees also had limes growing on them which I though was so cool that I am sharing with you. So enjoy.



I took this cute picture of our girls and Addie was doing her famous bottom lip suck. So my funny family decided to do "The Addie". Of course, Addie declined to do her pose with the rest of the fam, but it's still cute.


Then we went ice skating at a downtown outdoor skating rink. I've never been to an outdoor rink so I thought that was so cool! Alexis and Matt took to the ice right away but Christian wasn't loving it. Here he is doing what he did for the first half hour of skating (in between coming out and asking me if he had to skate!).


Then after a little help from dad he started to like it a little better.


Not much, but a little better.


Alexis did awesome!


And of course Matt had to do some goofy tricks. He's such a rockin' skater!


Here's how Addie and I enjoyed the skating. I like ice skating and was planning on participating, but one: I forgot my socks and two: it cost $8 (with sock rental) and I'm cheap. I figured someone would have to sit out the whole time with Addie so why not save 8 bucks and volunteer myself. I'm really not a wet blanket, just economical.


After that we went over to Old Town. They have lots of cute stores and then the river is right there, so after perusing the shops we walked on the river. It was already getting dark so we didn't take a lot of pictures, but we did ask one of the sailors to take this picture of us with the boat he works on. So fun!



After the river we went shopping. Have I mentioned that I love to shop? Our mission was to buy Addie a high chair because we decided the booster I bought a couple weeks ago probably wouldn't be safe with our high table. We didn't buy one yet because I remembered (as we waited in line to pay) that I have a 15% off coupon that I can use starting November 30. There's that economical Michelle again.

We had a fun, tiring day out and can't wait for our next Saturday adventure!

No comments: