Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Disneyland and visiting with the Reids

The week before we moved into our house the kids and I drove down to San Diego to visit one of my very BEST friends Autumn. We are so excited to be living in the same state now, even if we are still seven hours apart! We figured we better take advantage of the time off from school to go visit and go to Disneyland for some off-season fun!

Autumn, our other bff Jackie, and I have a tradition that we get together for a girls trip every year, but I hadn't seen Autumn's baby Landon since he really was a baby, two years ago! It was definitely time!

The day after we got there we packed the kids up into Auto's minivan and headed to Disneyland! Here are the kids on our hour and a half drive. They were so good!



The park was decorated so cutely! It was so much fun to see it all Disney Halloweeny!



Here we are in line for the Haunted Mansion. That was so neat because it was all decorated for The Nightmare before Christmas. They changed ALL of the decorations!



Us in line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Little Taylor will turn four in December and she is so brave! She rode on all the scary rides with us. She was so cute, when I rode with her on Splash Mountain I thought she might be scared so I held her hand. She finally said, "I'm gonna take my hand back now, but if you get scared again I can hold your hand again." Such a cutie!









This is my favorite Addie smile! When she gets so excited that she scrunches her nose up and makes her eyes crooked. She is so very sweet!



I told the kids they could each get ONE thing at Disneyland and Christian found something really cool! It was a build-your-own-light-saber! Like build-a-bear, but for boys. Very cool, and the lady helping all the kids had to be so patient! What a job!






The next day we hit the beach. How white am I??!! I sneakily didn't wear my bathing suit bottoms so I couldn't go in the water, but Autumn did and the kids talked her into getting wet with them. They caught some really good waves and what happened after that prompted Autumns husband David to call the kids Pepe Le'Puke. I guess they both swallowed so much water that they threw up! We all laughed about it though so I guess they were okay.







After that we ate lunch at a place right on the beach called the Wave House. That made me miss my husband! We definitely have to take Matt back so he can school those kids on how to surf!




We had so much fun and cannot wait for our next adventure with the Reids!!!!

No comments: