Friday, November 7, 2008

Addie likes to eat, eat, eat...

Our sweet baby girl is getting so big! She has been so ready to eat for a long time now! She watches everything we eat and opens her mouth if we're holding her while eating. She's doubled her birth weight and has been holding her head up for months now. Of course Matt, Lexi, and Christian all wanted to start feeding her as soon as she turned four months, which is what our doctor recommended, even though the American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends waiting until six months. Anyways, I didn't even want to think about getting that started while we were staying at hotels, so I, being the planner that I am, set the date for November 1 at 10:00. :) I know I'm goofy to plan it all out, I just do better when I have a plan. :)

I decided that her first food would be a yummy mixture of bananas and breastmilk. Sounds good, huh?! My best bud Autumn hooked me up with a very informative book called Super Baby Foods and I've had many baby food discussions with my birth-hippy friend Kirsten about best first foods. Anyways, (man I get on a lot of tangents! It's the same way when I talk, I think my brain just goes faster than my mouth, or something like that!) here is Addie enjoying her first food. Sorry the video is so long, I just wanted to be sure to have enough footage and I don't know how to make a video shorter when I post. SO here it is. 4+ thrilling minutes of Ray family fun.

***Edited to add: I guess dropshots only lets you upload two minutes worth of video? Anyone know of another video sharing site? Too bad for you guys, that last two minutes of her eating was a real nail-biter!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Everyone was so excited to give her the first few bites and yet, 10 minutes after this video was shot, as I was still patiently feeding her, no one was to be found. It's amazing how quickly the wow-factor wears off! So glad I waited till we were all moved in. Or at least mostly moved in.

She had only bananas for four days and then I gave her some rice cereal. She LOVED the cereal and now seems to be enjoying the bananas a lot more. We've got a few more days of just cereal and bananas and then next up, avocado...

1 comment:

carlen said...

what a fun post! yay for Addie! i love that you planned it all out . . . now you can tell her exactly when she had her first bite of real food and you can celebrate a food anniversary every year on this date with all her favorite foods!

and i love the tangeant-factor! it makes for such a fun read! i find myself doing it all the time, too!