Thursday, November 13, 2008

Presents, avocados, and other stuff

Not much going on around here. I am still trying to get caught up on all the post-move cleaning/organizing. I am loving cooking every night, although I had blocked out the whole clean-up part of cooking. That part I do not love, but oh well.

Christian had two friends over yesterday. When I went to pick them up at school yesterday (at 12:15! School gets out so early here! Even on regular days it gets out at 2:30! I'm not complaining... well, maybe I am a little)they asked if they could walk the 3+ miles home. He had his phone on him so I though that was okay. They had fun playing with their nerf guns and on the Wii. They even *gasp* let Alexis play nerf guns with them for awhile.

Alexis has made some friends but is still scoping out just which crowd she wants to join. I'm pushing her to invite a friend over Friday night, so we'll see what happens. She did get invited (and subsequently I got ditched) to go see Twilight at the midnight showing the night it comes out. She's gonna go with some super cute girls from church, so I might call their mom and see if we can sit together in the back. :)

Matt is busy as ever. He got a new calling at church that I will tell as soon as he's set apart on Sunday. (Bishop said they hadn't had any inspiration yet on me. Wonder what that means?!:) He worked most of his Veterans Day organizing the garage and we can now park BOTH of our cars inside! That's a big deal because it never happened in Clovis! We got close, but could never quite fit them both in.

And that leaves Addie. I realized I hadn't taken pictures of her for a couple days so yesterday while she was enjoying (or maybe not enjoying)some avocado, I took a bunch. 92 to be exact. Not all of her eating, but a lot of her eating. She also got her first experience opening presents when we gave her a gift from my Aunt Darcie to unwrap. She totally knew she wanted to open it, just couldn't quite figure out how. Here is Addie and her first attempt at opening presents.









Isn't it cute?! It fits perfect and is just right for this cold weather! Thanks Darcie!

Before all the exciting present opening, I fed her some avocado. She's still not loving solid food, so I don't push it too much. It's pretty cute stuff!


Yummy!







I just had to get a close up! Looks tasty, huh?! She was kinda done at that point so I gave her the spoon to play with since she was such a good girl.




She loves blowing raspberries!!!




Then she gagged herself.


And then she hit herself in the eye. Don't worry, she just kept right on flinging the spoon around!


See where she hit herself? Goofy girl!



Then her finger missed her mouth. Look how far she got it up there!



And that is some first-feeding-fun! And to think, I get to have fun like this every day! I am the luckiest girl in the world! No seriously, I am!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Holy Cow Michelle, Sorry about your fridge. It sounds like you handled it much better than I would have :) Way to go on all the great things you bought on your shopping extravaganza! Shopping is so great. Addie looks so darn serious trying to open her present. It makes me so homesick for you guys!! I am very glad to hear that the kids are settling in so well and that they are already getting friends over and getting involded. Tell them Hello please and that we really miss them. I wish it snowed in Clovis, but you know that is not likely. Those pics were of course taken in Utah.

Sara said...

Good to hear from you! Hey, what size clothes does Addie wear now? Lily wears 6months! We're so excited. Our little 2 1/2 pound preemie is wearing clothes are are bigger than her age!

matt and michelle ray said...

Hi Holly! We totally miss Clovis too! The people and the place, if you can believe that! You'll have to tell everyone hello from me too!

And Miss Sara, I thought Lily looked like a cute little chunk! That is so awesome that she is so big! I guess that means no health problems? Amy was asking about her yesterday and I thought, hmmm, I'm sure Sara would have told me if she had any serious lingering issues... right?! Addie does wear some 6 month clothes, but they are gettin' pretty snug! 9 months fits her perfect. It's weird because my other two were little runts compared to fatty Addie!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Don't call Jaron's girlfriend a fatty! He might come over there and beat you up to defend her honor. He's a gentleman like that. :)

LOVE all the pics. She's growing so fast!! And I'm so glad the kids are ajusting so well to school. Do they go early, or is the day just shorter there? JEALOUS! Well... it doesn't matter now...but before... you know what I mean. Oh, and email me back you busy bee!

Anonymous said...

aaaand I'm cool and can't spell. Whoops. In my defense, Jaron is trying to help....

Hilary said...

I hadn't caught up on blogs in a few weeks, so I just read through several pages of your blog entries. Holy cow, woman! You have simply got to slow down! I'm tired just thinking about all the things you've been up to. Okay, so you don't really have to slow down. It looks like you guys are making the most of your move and getting out to enjoy things. The truth is -- I'm jealous. :)