Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Three whole months - by Addison

Can you believe I've been here for three whole months?! So crazy! It's been a good month, lots has happened! I started off this month in Seattle among the beautiful pine trees with lots of family around and I ended it on the high plains of New Mexico with just my small family around.

Here's some of what I did in between.

So you know how my parents are in the market for a new house? Well I found one for them. And it's in Seattle! And it's the perfect size for me. Unfortunately no one seems interested.



On my way back home from Seattle we met some really cool people and they gave me a ride on one of their bikes. Okay, they let me sit on it at least! Man I wanted a ride!



Once we got home I did some cool stuff too. Here I am sleeping in my crib for the very first time! I know my mom is nuts, huh?! She knows I like her bed best, but my crib is actually okay, only for naps though. I really like looking at my mobile! Really anything that goes around and around like that. Fans are cool too. I'm a simple girl.



I'm pretty much popular where ever I go. Here I am getting ready for a nice family walk and I couldn't even get out of the garage! All of the neighborhood boys love me! And they're sooo cute!



I decided I'm ready to start sitting up by myself. And crawling. And rolling over. I just can't seem to make my body do it though! I did roll over, just once and only in front of my mom. I heard her say maybe it was a fluke, but I'll show her. Here I am really trying to sit up by myself. I just have a really big body... makes it hard!



I've grown a lot and made some really big messes! Here's my first good one.



That first time it was a little gross, but my parents made such a big deal about it and then I got a bath! So I did it again.



And again.



And again.



Then I thought I'd try my luck just skipping the diaper all together. That was not so much fun, but I did get fresh warm water.




I'm very interested in big people food. I stare at it and try to reach for it. One night my brother and sister had friends over and they put their treats all around me. I can't wait to try one!



Until then I'll just have to settle for something else I discovered this month - my fist! I just wish I could get the whole thing in my mouth! I try all the time!



My dad left in the middle of the month. I was really sad, but before he left I got to spend lots of time with him. Here he is singing me a song with his guitar. I love when he sings to me!



Since he's been gone my mom sends him pictures of us everyday and I even get to talk to him using the speaker phone! When I talk to my dad I just stare at the phone, waiting to see him. I love the phone!



Then he flew into town to visit us. He brought me my very first pair of shoes. They felt so weird on my feet and I could not stop staring at them. My mom asked dad if he remembered that I was a girl, whatever that means.



I have the best brother and sister! Everybody says I'm spoiled rotten so that must be good! Here I am getting a ride on Lexi's shoulders. I'm so brave!



Christian's usually busy playing, but at night he helps mom get me ready for bed. He wraps me up tightly so I stay nice and warm. He's so cool!



Okay, that's enough for now. I miss everybody! If you live far away, you probably wont recognize me because I'm growing into quite the fashionista!



Oops, not that one, this one! How's that for cute?!



Love,

Addie

No comments: