Friday, September 5, 2008

Matt's visit and Addie's new trick

Matt was able to come home for the long weekend and it was sooo nice to have him home! Even though he hasn't been gone that long, it's really hard to be so far apart! We miss him when he's not around. So it was good to have a nice, relaxing Labor Day weekend.

He flew into Clovis on one of their teeny-tiny airplanes Friday night at 7:50. So right around 7:15 it starts pouring rain! It was coming down so hard and I was so nervous! I thought for sure his flight would be diverted and I was gonna have to drive 4 hours to go pick him up in Albuquerque! I wasn't about to actually go out in the rain, but here's a picture from my front porch, with me safely behind our glass door. :) It's hard to see the rain, but if you look at the water pouring off of our roof that can give you some idea of the amount of rain.



Thankfully his flight didn't get diverted, but Addie and I did get there late. :( Our little Clovis airport is the cutest thing! It is so tiny, they don't even have security! Just to give you an idea how small it is, Matt was the only person on the flight out on Monday! That's right, one passenger, two pilots. And that's it! Matt checked in his bags and the pilot took them out to the airplane! Here's the sign outside our super cute airport.



It was so nice to have Matt around to play with the kiddos!



And he and Addie practiced their newest trick. This is not for the faint of heart! First here's a teaser -



And the real thing -


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


I love my hubby!

2 comments:

Dyer Family said...

Being apart is the pits...Curtis was away for 3 weeks straight while I was preggo with Boston and it was no fun:( Glad he came home for a nice break:)

carlen said...

so happy you got to be together again! that's the ONE great thing about a travelling husband . . . how VERY MUCH you savor being together!

LOVE your new trick Addie!!! My Matt did that with all our kiddos too. I got progressively more comfortable watching it, but for some reason now I can't believe i let him do that!!!