Monday, September 8, 2008

Another Move Update

Time for another update. After a lot of consideration, debate, and prayers, we decided to get rid of our realtor and try to sell our home ourselves. Yikes! There are two ladies at our church that just sold their homes themselves and they've given me the inspiration, and advice, that I needed to do it. Or at least try to do it! Since we aren't using a realtor to sell our home we were able to bring down the price by several thousand dollars, so hopefully we'll start getting some offers!

So my last few days have been spent putting our home up on 5 different selling sites complete with a detailed home description and lots of pictures. Then I did my own little market analysis of other FSBO's. I've also been reading up on sellers forums and helpful sites. It's a lot of work but hopefully it will all pay off! If anyone has any advice on how to sell yourself I would love to hear it!

We've had a nice relaxing weekend. Lexi babysit Friday night while Christian and I played (and won) Toejam and Earl on the Wii. On Saturday Christian had a birthday party while the girls went with my good friend Stacey to a jewelry party. Just call me sucker! I got talked into having a party at my house on Thursday! Oh well, it should be fun and I'll get a good discount on some cute jewelry. Oh, and Stacey agreed to be the co-party thrower. It's always nice to have a friend help!

Then last night Christian stayed with our neighbor Stacy's boys and Lexi had a friend over. So it was pretty much just me and Addie. Again. Good thing I love her so much otherwise I'd be pretty lonely!

Today was stake conference (regional church conference) in Roswell (which is two hours away), so we decided to skip it. We all stayed in our pj's all day, it was so nice! I love days like this! Not all the time, but every once in awhile it's really nice to be lazy all day!

All in all it was a really good weekend. I've got loads to do this week too but I've finally got my schedule all worked out and it's really nice. I thank Matt, and of course my Heavenly Father, all the time for blessing me to be able to stay home with my kids. I prayed to be able to do this for a long time and I really love it!

Matt's doing really well too. He really likes all the top-secret stuff he's learning and tells me about the airplanes all the time. He spent this weekend at the Naval Support center. Work, work, work! We're trying to figure out the best dates for us to go visit him and we're also trying to work out a timeline for how long we're willing to live apart. It's sure hard to be apart but I know it will all work out.

And since I don't like to post without pictures, here are a few from our weekend. Here is our sweet monkey girl.


Addie has been so cute lately! She lays her head on your shoulder if you hold her when she's sleepy. So here she is resting her giant melon on Lexi-Lu's shoulder. Our sweet girlies!


And lastly here is Christian being goofy. That's Addie's new teether on her head, and she's looking at Christian wondering what he's up to!



Happy Monday!

No comments: