Friday, September 26, 2008

4 month check-up

Since we'll be leaving soon I scheduled Addie's 4 month check-up a little early. After waiting for 2 hours, we were finally done! Does everyone's doctor take so long? It's not just the doctor I guess, it's the waiting in the waiting room, then waiting for the doctor, then waiting for the nurse to give the shots... ugh! If we were staying here I think I'd be switching doctors.

I went by myself this time so pictures were a little more difficult but I tried to get a few. This one is titled "The calm before the storm..."



She weighed in at 13 pounds 10 ounces and in the 60th percentile. I think that weight is pretty good because when I took her the week before for her earache, she weighed 13 pounds 2 ounces. Or is that a normal weight gain? That's totally normal for me, not sure about for a baby. :)

She is a tall girlie! She measured 25 inches long and in the 90th percentile. I think we got a basketball player on our hands!

Oh yeah, the best part of our visit... both ears were clear and we were able to throw out that yucky medicine! Hallelujah! It made me sick every time I had to give it to her! I felt like I was water-boarding her, holding her head below her body and squirting gross medicine in her mouth and then blowing in her face! And she still managed to spit out at least half the medicine! So glad that's over!!!

Here she is getting examined. (finally!) She is always so curious and studies everything! And can you see her blurry hand? Always moving!



Right after the shots. :( If there wasn't a nurse in the room I would have been crying just as hard as she was! The nurse even commented about the quality of her lungs!



Still going strong, even after cuddling and getting dressed. She was not to be comforted! The only thing that stopped her was food. So I rushed to get her dressed so I could feed her. After a few pictures of course. :)



So glad I don't have to do that again for another two months! And then I think I might see how daddy likes taking Addie for shots...

1 comment:

Heather B said...

I'll never forget the first time I took Spencer in for his shots. The nurse looked at me and asked, "You DID give him Tylenol before you came, right?" I, of course, had not, and felt like the worst mom on the planet. Needless to say, I never made that mistake again! Even almost 19 years later, I still think of that every time I take a child in for shots. Sheesh. Talk about guilt.