Thursday, September 18, 2008

Keepin' busy

We've been keeping pretty busy around here. Here are two of the things that have been keeping me busy during the day.



I'm babysitting for a friend that babysits for this baby. Crystal clear, right? It really has been fun having another baby around, even when I had to go to Wal-Mart with both of them - ughhh! It's been fun having her here and seeing how much Addie's gonna change in the next few months. Alexis and Christian are absolutely fascinated with her and think she's a genius because she can do so much more than Addison! They don't quite get the whole older baby thing.

And did you notice what Addie's doing in that picture. She's pulling at her ears. Yup, double ear infection. She hasn't been fussy or had a fever or anything, the only way I knew about it was her tugging at her ears. What a sweet girl.

She hates her medicine! She took it best the first time, the one we got on video, but now we're having a tough time giving it to her. She spits it all out! I try to put it into the back of her mouth, she gags, I pick her up, and she spits it out. So if anyone has any great ideas on how to keep it down, I'd appreciate it. Here she is getting her first dose of medicine. I took all her clothes off because I knew it would be messy.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


I have also been on the phone all week because... it looks like we have a renter for our house!!! I say "it looks like it" because I just won't let myself fully believe it until we get the contract back and signed and the deposit check clears. Renting wasn't really our first choice, but they seem like a nice, responsible family and their rent will cover the mortgage. Woo-hoo! So, Matt and I have decided to become slum-lords. :0

I'm trying to keep things as normal as possible, for as long as possible for the kids. That means choir, baseball, and volleyball Tuesdays. Church and scouts Wednesdays. Piano, dance, and baseball Thursdays. And friends over every weekend. Every weekend. Did I mention we have friends over every weekend? And while I am thankful that they want to have friends over, the extra kid part can be interesting.

Last night at church the kids did an Olympic style series of activities. Of course I forgot my camera for the first half of the evening, but I did bring it out in time for the gum spitting contest and the book-on-the-head relay. It was really cute and the kids had a good time.




























Aren't they cute?! Here they are waiting for the relay.





























Here's how it all played out. FYI - Lexi's team won! :)



So we're keepin' busy, but havin' fun!

3 comments:

Dyer Family said...

Congrats on the renter....does that mean you have a time frame for moving now?! As for medicine, sometimes if you put in the back of their mouth fast and then blow in their face, it causes them to breathe in and close their mouth!!Sounds cruel I know, but it can work:)

Robyn Cheney said...

Okay, the comment from the dyer family is great! I am going to try that sometime if i need to.

I got excited when i saw the pictures of the youth. I found myself desperatly searching for a familiar face. (there are not too many:() But then when I did felt like I wanted to cry.
Clovis is not much to speak of but something happens between the people there... I can't even explain it. We Love it here but we miss our Clovis friends like we miss our family.
Bishop Fernandez... I saw him in the back of one picture. He is the BEST!
THank you for a little glance glance memory lane.

Heather B said...

Early on in my momhood journey, I discovered a "medicine torture hold" that I'll have to show you sometime. And I completely agree with the blowing gently in baby's face--seems mean, but it does the job!! I'm sorry you are suffering through an ear infection. I thought Dallin had one because he's been tugging at his ears and had a wicked fever yesterday, but he was just messing with me. Take care, and hang in there.