Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh so gross!

It's 12:30 am and I've got goosebumps all over my body! I just walked in my bathroom and almost fainted! Huge spider by my shower!


What to do I wonder?! A thousand thoughts running through my head.

Do I leave it? No, I could never sleep thinking about that thing! And not only that, but my sweet baby girl is in my room with me!

Do I wake up Christian to kill it for me? No, that's cruel, even though he's been my bug killer since he was 2.

Should I try to trap it in a bowl or cup? No, that will get me too close and it could move in the process.

Should I throw something at it? No, I'll probably miss and then we'll have the whole moving problem again.

Only one thing to do. Put my big girl panties on and get the flyswatter. I was feeling weak in the knees, goosebumps, woosy, the whole nine yards as I entered the bathroom. Luck was on my side though. I hit it once, it curled up, I threw the flyswatter at it and ran out of the bathroom.


Okay, I know the spider wasn't that big, although it looked way bigger in person. And I know I'm a big wimp. There are lots of things I can do, but bugs aren't one of them. They make me sick to my stomach, weak in the knees, ugh, I hate them!!! I still feel like I might not be able to sleep, what if it has a family waiting to come after me?!

I've never missed my husband so much!

3 comments:

Dyer Family said...

I'm with you...I dont do spiders! But the worst is cockroaches....I am deathly afraid of those:) Good luck with selling the house, I know things will work out for you guys!

Robyn Cheney said...

It was like I was reading my own words.
I hate spiders and I actually will break out in a cold sweat if I see one that is big.
We do have some of those here but still nothing like in Clovis. I told Shawn, while we were there that if I ever saw a tarantula, we were moving. I never did and I consider that a blessing.
A big BRAVO to you for killing it.
Were you barefoot?!?!?!

Susan M said...

Oh man. Spiders are my huge phobia. I would've woken up my son.

But my advice: get some cockroach spray. It kills spiders instantly.