Tuesday, August 19, 2008

S.A.H.M.

Yesterday was my first official day as a SAHM - cool online acronym for stay-at-home-mom. I found that out as I was searching for scheduling ideas, trying to get myself organized you know, I've never done this before! It was also my first official day without Matt because he started his new job in Sacramento! :( Sad for us, but he is really loving it! :)

Back to my SAHM day, Addison and I had such fun! After we took the kids to school she was still asleep so I took that time to get dinner ready using one of the greatest inventions ever! The crock-pot...


Addison woke up a little after 9:00 and we had some preschool time. We checked the weather, sang some songs (all educational of course!), and played with shapes. She is starting to hold things when we put them in her iron grip, so fun! PS: Why does my hand look so huge and manly in that picture?!



























After our preschool fun Addie ate and fell asleep, so I, feeling totally domestic, made a pineapple upside down cake for a family home evening treat. Then, after cleaning up my cake and dinner mess it was already time to pick the kids up from school! On our way home from school I had to stop and get water. The lovely water in Clovis has too much fluoride and can turn kids teeth brown, so we refill our 5 gallon water bottles at Albertsons. I've never done it by myself, that's one of Matt's jobs, and I was quite worried about it. Getting the bottles into the truck was okay, but I knew the hardest part would be getting the water actually onto the dispenser. Here is my journey...

The beginning...

Getting the bottle on...








Almost done...

Look at those guns! And not a drop spilled!









So even though we miss Matt A LOT, we are settling nicely back into the school routine. And I know I won't get so much done everyday (like today for example), but yesterday we had an awesome, educational, and productive day! Me and my bad SAHM self!

3 comments:

Dyer Family said...

Look at you and your domestic self! I'd never known you taught elementary school;) Welcome to the club...Im up for any suggestions, besides laundry, dishes, meals, bed, diapers....repeat! So when are you guys headed out to Cali for good?!!?

matt and michelle ray said...

We've gotta get our house taken care of first, but it looks like we might have some renters... keep your fingers crossed that it all works out! If they rent it won't be until end of November though.

carlen said...

what a PRODUCTIVE SAHM you are! wowee! glad you're having fun!
LOVED the cute pics of the kids FDOSchool! So cute! and Christian is so handsome . . . can't believe our little boys aren't so little anymore!!!