Sunday, August 10, 2008

Home at last!

We are finally home! We got here about 8:00 pm and... we are all unpacked! This whole house-for-sale thing has got us on our toes and we are all working to keep the house clean. With that in mind I knew we couldn't leave 5 suitcases and countless smaller bags laying around, especially not with us gone to church for 3 hours tomorrow!

So after 29 days, 8 states, and a million Addison fits, our summer adventure ends. At least that leg of the adventure ends. Now we've got loads of other things to figure out. Either way, it's good to be home!

It's 1:00 am, everyone is clean and asleep, but I've got the blog on the brain! I've neglected posting and I have so much I want to write about! So I figured I might as well get started tonight. :)

Sooo, quickly before I fall asleep, I wanted to show how we drove home. First of all, I can admit that I have a problem. My name is Michelle, and I am an over-packer. That being said we didn't have a lot of extra room to start with, then we added Alexis and all of her luggage, then Christian with all of his. We were a little bit squished.


Poor Christian had to sit with the stroller pretty much on top of him. He sat criss-cross most of the way, but did manage to get an hour long nap in.


Since the stroller was behind the passenger seat, sweet Lexi-lu had to scoot the seat all the way forward.


The trunk was so full we had to slam it shut, so we fit whatever we could in the back window. That made it slightly difficult to drive, but who needs to see behind themselves?! The camera ran out of memory at that point, (we had taken 940 pictures) but if I could have I would have taken a picture of my side of the car, which had things piled on the floor also.

We weren't super comfy, but we made the best of it and are finally home. And even though I don't want to get in a car for about a month, I can honestly say I love road trips!


How beautiful is that?!

1 comment:

Dyer Family said...

Over packing is definitely necessary with babies...and it looks like its time for a bigger car!! We barely make it fit in ours with only 2 kids!