Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grandma Ray



While we were in Seattle we were able to go visit Matt's mom's grave for the first time since the burial in December. It was definitely a surreal experience to be there. It's times like this that I am so grateful for the gospel and knowledge that I have that families are forever and that life continues after death.

As much as people joke about their mother-in-laws, I really enjoyed mine and loved spending time with her! She always had a story to tell about everything and she was so funny! She had a beautiful smile! Those were things everyone loved about her.

But I also got to see her with her family, her joy. I can't help but feel a little cheated for Addie (and all of us) that she will never get to know her Grandma Ray in this life. We joke that Grandma was busy telling Addison stories and filling her in on everything, and that's why Addie was 10 days late.

She was also one person that could always keep Matt in line. :) That's always a good thing! As Matt and I have been married I've gotten to see how much like his mama he is! All good ways of course. :)



We love and miss Grandma!

1 comment:

Susan M said...

Thanks for posting these. I have only good memories of Mrs. Ray. She was a special lady.