Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The first day of school

Today my baby started junior high! And Christian is in 5th grade! I don't know where the time has gone, it doesn't seem like they should be this old! Alexis tried out for volleyball and after I dropped her off that first day (in May) I had a little breakdown. Okay, a big breakdown. It was just sooo hard to see my little girl at that big school with all those big kids! I was 9 months pregnant, so I was pretty hormonal... anyways, I was dreading today. But I felt okay about it. Matt gave the kids fathers blessings last night and I think that really helped!

We missed the scheduled day to pick up registration since we'd been out of town for so long so we went yesterday. We picked up her schedule and then spent about an hour walking around, making sure we knew where all of her classes were, and how to open her locker. So it turns out today that she was the locker lady, she helped a bunch of kids who couldn't figure out how to get theirs open! And she had a great day! Christian did too, but I wasn't worried about him, I already knew he would be fine at the Arts Academy!



Here she is figuring out her schedule. Oh, and all of these pictures where taken yesterday while the school was empty. I was told (by one of my best friends Autumn) that I was not allowed to walk in with her! So I knew I had to get pictures when I could!






The locker lady in action.









She still looks so little to me! Not nearly big enough for this big school!



Here they are today. I forgot to take pictures this morning, so I cheated and got them as soon as they got home. :)



Side view of her funky hair and wardrobe. She planned and planned for her outfit. I called her Rainbow Bright. She said "Who is Rainbow Bright?" in that sweet pre-teen way of hers.






Christian with his 5th grade teacher Mrs. Milliron. He was so excited to show Addie off to everybody at school. They all loved her of course! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the socks Lex! I want some!

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good Chris with that new haircut!!