Monday, August 11, 2008

House Tag

Okay, so I wasn't actually tagged, but I wanted to do this one anyway. (until I saw my kitchen sink that is!)

The rules: With this tag you're supposed to take the following 10 pictures without any prep or cleanup. just point and shoot. (though the dream vacation one is an exception to the rule i believe).

Photo 1 - Dream Vacation

I'm with Carlen on this one, I love to be anywhere close to the ocean! But if I had to pick a dream vaca... let's say a European adventure. I don't have a picture of this one, so just use your imagination:)

Photo 2 - Self portrait

Okay, Christian just snapped this one. Motherhood is a beautiful thing, but it doesn't always make you look beautiful! Oh well...



Photo 3 - What my kids are doing right now

Well, since school starts on Wednesday everybody has a friend over, trying to keep summer alive! So here is Christian heating up some spaghettios for him and the boys. We had missionaries over for dinner tonight, and the boys had eaten McDonalds that Stacey bought them, and they were outside playing, so they skipped dinner.



Alexis has Autumn over and they are busy planning what they will be wearing for their first day of junior high (sob) on Wednesday. They were hiding out in Addie's closet, don't ask me why, and making scarves for their Wednesday wardrobe.



Addie is taking a much needed nap. I was gonna take a picture of her anyway with her pajamas all pulled up funny on her. This is her usual sleeping position too, arms up like she's being robbed. She is sooo sweet!



Photo 4 - My closet

Thank goodness Matt and I have separate closets! Actually Matt has gotten a lot better about his closet, especially since our house is for sale! It's still super full since I'm halfway between my maternity clothes and regular clothes. Sigh, I guess I should really get my butt into diet gear:(



Here's the left side...



and the right.

Photo 5 - My favorite room

I'm gonna have to go with the living room on this one too. It's the place where we gather as a family most often. It's the biggest and brightest room in our house. It's also where we entertain friends, play games, play the wii, etc. Oh and it's got the only tv with a remote control, so if you want to channel surf you've gotta be there.



Photo 6 - Favorite shoes

I guess I don't really have a favorite pair, so I chose some that have really good memories for me that I really like too. These are shoes I bought right before Matt and I got married, for the honeymoon. :0 We had so much fun!



Photo 7 - Laundry room

The laundry room is not too bad right now. I got (I type as I pat myself on the back) all the laundry from our trip done today! That was a feat let me tell you! The full basket on the dryer is the half of my maternity clothes that I'm not still wearing... 10 weeks after I gave birth. Alright already, I know I need to get on a diet!





We love our washer and dryer, and they are energy efficient! Kenmore HE 2 Plus in case anyone is looking!

Photo 8 - Guest Bathroom

This one could have been bad because our guest bathroom is also the kids bathroom. Sometimes it will be a week before I venture in there and it has been scary before. But hooray for Lex and Chris, it was very clean!



Photo 9 - Kitchen Sink

Okay, here's the ugly proof that I followed the directions exactly as they were written. You take the picture, no prep. Yikes! In my defense, the kitchen was spotless until I made dinner, and we had the missionaries over and I didn't want them to feel like they had to clean-up so we left it, and then Addie woke up and I checked the blogs while I fed her, and I got side-tracked by this really fun tag. So there you have it. My messy sink.



Photo 10 - Fridge

I collect magnets from every vacation, or touristy place we go to. Can you tell? Here is the fridge that came with the house. I do not recommend a freezer drawer, just for your fyi. It's hard to get a lot in there and sometimes when the refrigerator door gets slammed, the freezer comes open just a touch, enough to make things melt. Not my favorite, but I love my goofy magnets. :)





Oh, and we do have fruit but I keep it on a stand on the counter. :)

Okay, there it is. Like I said, super fun until the kitchen sink. Oh well, we're human! So now I tag... Marissa, Robyn, and Holly. And like Carlen said anyone brave enough to go for it! Okay, I have dishes to do.

1 comment:

Robyn Cheney said...

I got the tag!
My camera is not available at the moment (and I am going to bed since it is 11:00 my time) but I will take them first thing in the morning
Thanks for taging me (at least I think that was me:)