Sunday, August 10, 2008

Camping at Ocean Shores

The first weekend of August we spent with my family camping at Ocean Shores, Washington. I absolutely love being by the ocean, even though it was pretty much freezing the whole time and some of our clothes still smell like campfire. Despite the chaos of having 2 minivans, 7 adults, 1 tween, 2 tents, 1 humongous dog, and a fussy baby, we still had a wonderful time and made a lot of great memories.

 
Posted by Picasa

From left to right here we are eating ice cream in town, Kristi holding Addie, me enjoying one of my dads ziploc bag omelette's (that actually turned out pretty good!), my handsome husband by the water, Alexis being cute, Jeff striking a pose with Addison, my dad securing our picnic table (which we had to leave a $25 deposit for), Papa and Lexi switching glasses, and dad with two of his girls.

Some other highlights of our fun weekend -

Matt and Tom rented surfboards and had a ton of fun on them. Matt tells us that the waves at Ocean Shores are not great for surfing but Tom had never been surfing before, so I think it worked out.

 
Posted by Picasa


The first pic is of the two cuties right after they rented their boards, I'm sure it's super safe to have them in your van like that! And aren't they like models posing with those boards! Then me as a bathing beauty posing on the surfboard, notice all the people it took to hold me up! Then Lexi's turn. I wonder why they got her so much higher! The rest are just the boys in action. That's my man, still sexy at 39!

 
Posted by Picasa


Jeff and I went horseback riding on the beach, romantic huh?! No one else wanted to go except for Matt and Tom and they were off surfing, so Jeff and I went and had a blast, and sore legs and a sore bum for a few days. :) I took pictures of Jeff and he took pictures of me, but I couldn't figure out how to include the ones of me, so here is Jeff riding Trigger. I rode Tater and we had a very nice time.

 
Posted by Picasa


The last thing we did was rent a boat to travel some of the man-made canals throughout the city. I love boating so this was probably my favorite thing! I like how I say I love boating, like I ever get to do it! Anyways, Matt was the captain - we nominated him because the captain had to go read all the directions - but we all got to drive. It's hard to keep that thing straight!

The weekend was a success. I think even Jeff, who hates camping, had a good time. Addie did pretty well, although I think it might have been too soon to take her someplace so cold. Even still I would do it again in a heartbeat! Thanks guys for the fun trip!

No comments: