Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Weekend stuff

Saturday morning Matt changed the oil and made sure the jolly green is all ready to roll out. He worked all day cleaning carpets and changing filters. He's a good guy.

I did manage to tear him away for a 10:40 showing of Finding Dory. So cute! Finding Nemo wasn't my fav, so I wasn't sure if I'd love it, but I did. And the short before the movie was my fav ever. So adorable. Ps - Laneys "no picture" phase is getting old.
Unless it's her idea, then she's all in. And since there was no Dory sign, we settled for Independence Day.
Chris and Bailey went to see Dory on Friday, so I snagged this guy.
That night Arden came over (with the two little A's) to babysit while Jeff, dar, Matt and I headed to the adult session of stake conference. We stopped at Chipotle for dinner and then conference. 

Today was Father's Day. Addie made some fruit salad and I made pancakes and bacon. The pancakes are a rough version of "dad."
We had stake conference at the WP building at 12. Elder Kunz of the seventy was there and it was really good. They talked about understanding and living the doctrine, especially of the family. Something I've been pondering on is the scripture in Moses - "For behold, this is my work and my glory-to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." There is no glory without work. Working on relationships, on bridling ones self, physical work, service, all work is so tied to doing good and becoming. 

I've got some good dads in my life. 

My dad with my two sisters, circa 2000. Loving my blond hair, and especially my bangs. Speaking of work, this guy worked hard his whole life, serving his country and providing a comfortable life for all of us.
Jim, who somehow raised 7 crazy boys and lived to tell the tale.
And this hubs of mine.
I'm a lucky lady.

No comments: