Friday, June 17, 2016

The days of our lives

On Tuesday night Jodie hosted a girls night. Everyone brought a dessert and we ended up staying until 2:30. I had a presidency meeting the next morning at 9, so that wasn't the smartest thing for me, but it was fun and cup filling.

After the pres mtg we rushed to target for a very last minute teacher gift, and then off to Mulberry Fields. Addie's teacher, Mrs. Henry hosted a luncheon for her 4 parent volunteers, and she is the caretaker of this amazing plantation home.
The house was all decorated in period furniture and there were tons of cool paintings. I like this style and think it would be fun to try to paint something like this.
The view out the back deck. It looks like maybe half a mile to the water. We'll find out one day, because we're totally going back to check out her private beach. ((:
Stinker. She's usually precious when it's just she and I, but lately she's been especially cantankerous around groups.
We took a tour and checked out the creepy cellar. Laney does not approve.
The kids were speculating about this dried flower bouquet. Top guesses were brains and meat. So close.
The kids and an awesome teacher:
I also got several awesome shots, like this:
She made homemade chicken nuggets, fruit, salad from the garden the kids planted at school, chips, and then brownies with ice cream. It was a great afternoon. 

I was sleepy and everyone was a little hot, so we came home and watched The Emperors new Groove, which the girls and I had never seen.
Addie made popcorn and everyone was happy.
That night Addie had her Brownie bridging. They had this cute bridge to crossover, or actually fly over?
Cute girl as she was being awarded her patches.
And they each read a characteristic of a Brownie.
Then we had a potluck dinner. I wish there was more time in the day. Addie has really enjoyed being a Girl Scout the past 3 years, but now that she's an Activity Girl, it's just too much.
After the dinner we hit the pool. That's everyday this week.
I left the girlies with Matt and since Chris had run to target, I went for a nice evening run. It's taken 6 weeks to not feel like I'm going to die every run. I'm finally feeling stronger and running further (I've been dying through 3 miles). I ran to the wharf and it felt really good. Almost 5 miles. And that scenery deserves a selfie.
Thursday brought some morning visiting. Then Frank's got invited to an almost sleepover at Roslyn's, complete with pj's and teeth brushing, so Addie got to pick a friend to come over too. I was surprised when our new missionaries called and said we had them for dinner that night (how did that not get put into my planner?) so while we visited, these two snapped a selfie. The no front teeth crew.
When Frank's got home at 9 she was all like, I want in on that action.
Laura came over and we went for a rainy walk. There was lots of lightning, so it was definitely not boring. 

Dad is going through an old computer and found this fun pic of our visit to Seattle circa 2008. That's a little boxing Addie making the rounds at the Apple Store. So cute!

No comments: