Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day

We picked the girls up and went to the darrows for breakfast at 9. It was so nice, Alecia made Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, egg bake, and bacon. We felt super spoiled after spending a weekend away from our kids, to get breakfast too! So nice!

We came home and let the girls start their scavenger hunt. 
Our printer has been acting up, so the clues were super short and sweet since they had to be handwritten.
They each took turns figuring them out, and loved running upstairs and downstairs.
The final gift - rare, Valentine's Day shopkins. (; they loved them. 
Then they were excited to show me their Valentine loot. Never one to be left out, lanes got in on that action. Vera made her these cute glasses, and when you add them to the cute face = perfect.
We missed our Saturday valentines, so after church Frankie made up for lost time.
Church was wonderful. Tracie gave a fabulous lesson about adversity. It's such a blessing to get to work with my presidency. Our last few meetings have been so unifying and truly revelatory experiences.

This morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. I had no idea! Like, I thought we might get a dusting, but I guess I haven't been paying attention to the news. I heard the TJ bridge has iced over and there are people stuck on it. Worst nightmare, I am praying for them!
So today, instead of visiting washingtons birthplace and enjoying cake with hundreds of our closest friends, we'll clean and bake and play games. It'll be a close second to the original plans. 

No comments: