Friday, February 19, 2016

talent show

I played shopkins with Delaney this morning. Just a few minutes, but so cute and fun.
Frankie got a joke book from the library, but I never read it with her because I always read ramona.(we're on the last book, ramona's world, and i'll be so sad when we're done!) when we picked the girls up from darrow's, alecia mentioned that laney had been telling her jokes. I was surprised because I had never heard her tell a coherent joke. but sure enough, when I asked her, she had a whole routine. so I filmed her this morning and posted it to our private family fb group - seagroovin'. #thecoolest

here is a sample joke: why was the witch late for school? because she over-swept. hahahaha. so this morning she told her jokes, then freestyled with a few, and since I never read the book I don't know if they were jokes she forgot the real punch line to, or just silly things she made up. either way she earned herself 3 oreos for her performance. :) #goodparenting
tonight was the big talent show. addie played a pretty piano piece called shimmering waters.
neighbor chris took some behind the scenes pics. the long skirt has become the performance ensemble. also performance hair = bun. I don't know why, it just does.
she did really well and only messed up on one part. such a bumsie when that happens because she's practiced it perfectly a million times. she did a really great job though, i'm so proud of her!
pre-intermission performers. we left after the cute teacher video at intermission. I hate to do that, but we were melting down and daddy stayed home not feeling well. times and seasons.

I've been listening to while the city slept, the book about Teresa's murder. it's brought up a lot of feelings, and emotions are high. it's just horrible all around. the man that killed her had a tough upbringing and then slipped through a lot of cracks and loopholes in the mental health system. it's just as sad for him, no, it's more sad for him than it is for Teresa. she died for her friend while he is still living in his hell. i'm grateful to know the plan of salvation and to know that all will be made right somehow. for both of them.
 

No comments: