Friday, February 19, 2016

Preschool

Tuesday was a snow day because of morning ice and not being able to clear all the schools. It was the craziest thing though! It rained and was in the 50's, so that by that afternoon almost all the snow was gone! 8 inches of snow, gone by the next day. Will wonders never cease!

Dixie, rs baby, and I made a visit and had a little miracle. I was asked to visit a non-member woman and Matt felt like I shouldn't go alone. So I prayed about who to ask to come along and kept seeing Dixie. Since Dixie is the compassionate service leader i thought, no I want to take someone maybe not already in rs, but just kept coming back to her. So it turns out that the woman we visited is waiting to have surgery that is the same surgery dixie's mom had a few years ago. Little miracles are serious tender mercies. (: 

RS baby started to comment on the smell of the home, but after a gentle mouth cupping from mom, refrained immediately.  We're making slooow progress. 

The only reason I brought her along was to take her to gymnastics. Bubba watched the big girls. And when I say that he watched them, it means they watched tv for 3 hours until I got home. 

Anyhizzle, these sweet girls came over for dinner, and after dinner shared a message with us + a&a. Our A&F had gone to play over there, and when we called them home for dinner, we offered to feed the rest. Extra kids are a blessing to have in our home.
I thought these sweet girls momma's would like to see their cute girls in action. See, I'm praying to be a missionary momma in a few months, and hoping for lots of pictures from other understanding momma's.
On Wednesday I taught my last, maybe last ever, preschool. Pretty sure Laney will make it into prek, but stranger things have happened, or not happened I guess. All these lasts are super bitter sweet. I am trying hard to see the sweet in it all, and it's working. After all, I've been momming for 20 years this year. That's kind of a long time.
We learned about teeth and did the brushing of the eggs we had done with Frankies preschool. If I'd have been smart I would have done the same themes through all 3 preschool experiences, but you know, life.
Laney is kind of l-to-the-azy and was "soooo tired" after brushing for exactly 28 seconds. So her egg/teeth weren't the cleanest, but whatevs. (Ellie's egg was whitest)
We had apple smiles for a snack and d-money was cutting it up! Love this silly. (:
We played a "lose the teeth" game. The kids rolled a die and "lost" however many teeth they'd rolled. Super simple and they all really liked it.
It was another super fun day at preschool. Almost makes me sad to be done! Although, since Leisa and fam are moving, I might teach again. Friends moving = boo.
Thursday was a meeting day. Presidency meeting, then panera delivery as a valentine gift to teachers and office staff, then vt meeting since Dari was released. I had actually forgotten about that one (one of those I remembered all day up until a few minutes before I was supposed to be there and then I forgot kind of situations), so I was very thankful the meeting was at my house. Chris entertained the ladies until I arrived and they were both sweet about me being 5 minutes late. 

Addie had talent show practice, so when we drove to pick her up (don't judge, it was so cold) we made an impromptu decision to go to the library. Then we ran into Joni and Owen there, and our 30 minute library visit turned into 2 hours of Joni and I commiserating over our obsession with food. So to recap. Friends moving = boo, food = yay. 

No comments: