Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday

I think I'm just gonna title all my blogs as the day of the week they represent. After so many years of blogging I've used all the good titles anyway.

Anywho. Working backwards on another February Monday in the life of the Ray, party of 7. Except one is in Idaho, but she's still part of our party. 

We had leftover superbowl subs for dinner. All but Delaney, who decided not to eat dinner, even though it meant bed and not coming out of her room hungry. As I was explaining this to her, she cocked her head to one side, and very sassily explained to me that she would, in fact, "be coming out of my room, but not to the kitchen room, just to the bathroom to have a drink." And she finished it off with a thumbs up. As frustrated as I was, her super sassy silliness made me want to laugh. Her never eating does not. 

We drove the kinder ballet bus today, and while they balleted, my 3-years-apart twinners and I went to aldi. Addie helped Laney go potty and it made my heart happy to see. These are some lucky sisters to grow up so closely together!
Have I mentioned that Delaney is day potty trained? She is! And doing fabulously. Except for the good ol' #2. She has trained herself to hold her poo all day, so when she has a night time diaper on, she lets loose. I don't have a clue what to do with her, but I'm thankful for the small victory of daytime trained. Which she really has been for years, but back then she didn't have such mastery over her bowels as to hold a twosie all day.
Yes you are, sweet girl, yes you are.
We hosted a huge and fun preschool/playgroup valentines party. Delaney became obsessed with this mask and finally wanted to see how she looked. She was impressed. 

I hadn't thought about any of the festivities or order of things, so the party was kind of a mess. But a good, cute mess. Sarah had a cute craft they did, and I had what I thought would be a cute game of musical hearts. I did it with our last preschool, but that was 4 4-year-olds, not a combo of 2+ 4-and-under. They couldn't even walk in a circle, that was my first clue that things were fixin' to go seriously awry. After a few failed attempts we just had a quick dance party before the passing out of the valentines. That. Was. A. Mess. But another fun and cute mess, so it's all good.
We made Frank's card holder. Pretty cute, I think! And she loves it and we turned it in on time, so that's just about perfect. (It's a unicorn, ps)
This morning started off Rocky. With so many people coming over today, I wanted the house to look nice. And with hosting a superbowl party yesterday, there was some work to be done. So this morning it was work, work, work. The girls woke up super late, but we were doing good for time, until Addie reminded me we hadn't sharpened the pencils for her class (pencil mom in the hizzow!), so then I figured I'd still have time to get them on the bus, sharpen pencils, and be good for playgroup.

And then Chris called. He didn't realize he had clinicals today and needed his scrubs. Boyfriend hasn't needed momma's help in quite some time, so I wanted to do it, but I also really did not want to do it because of everything else going on. Long story short, we took him the scrubs, sharpened pencils, dropped off pencils and Valentine box, and drove in behind our party friends. 

Just another day in paradise. 

No comments: