Monday, February 15, 2016

Snow day

We started this snowy day off by making a big ol' batch of mama Debby and Sarah's hot cocoa mix. So yummy!
I love this picture so much. My big girl reading with the snow falling outside. Just about perfect.
Gearing the girls up to play outside was massively frustrating. First off, Addie's snow pants went missing. Nowhere to be found. I'm sure I am wrong, but when things just up and disappear, i tend to blame Matt. He's got a knack for putting things in weird places. I'm sure I should take more responsibility. Someday. (; anyway, we looked all the places I would have put them, and nowhere to be found. So she squeezed into some 5/6's. And she is not a 5/6. Then Frankies boot had lost a zipper. Of course putting them on today they just came opened right away. So we white trashed it up and duct taped them.
Could we be any more hillbilly? Doubtful.
They finally made it out to play, and Chris and I watched one of our stories. Frank's wanted to come in and I felt like such a bad mom telling her to come back when ma stories were over. Just a cute girl at the back door. 
I love snow days still, but I also have been frustrated with myself when they are over. I tend to cook a lot, which is good, but I don't get a lot else done, which is frustrating. But then I feel like I should get to enjoy a "day off" too. So hard to figure out the balance. I did take down most of the valentines stuff, so that was good. 
FHE was challenging. A certain 7-year-old done loses her mind and gets major attitude. Laney was a tired mess. Frank's was sweet, but accidentally erased the scripture we'd spent several minutes writing on the whiteboard. Came around in the end with some snow ice cream.
Delanes couldn't get it together and choke down 4 bites of her stew, so even though it was her turn to pick snack, she didn't get any. Definite room for improvement. Tomorrow is another snow day, so here's to another day to work it. 

And some silly pictures I found of my baby boy. Dental program antics.
He's definitely the lone man!
Spirit week!
Gotta love the classic totem.
And finally - throwing the gang signs.
Good stuff. 

No comments: