Sunday, April 12, 2015

Last week

I'm almost caught up!

No rest for the fun, so we had gymastics Tuesday morning after our weekend jaunt. This is lady lanes walking backwards on the beam. So talented!
Peekaboo!
Oldie but goodie - Johnna sent this one from jocies baptism. Every time Frankie sees Johnna, she asks about Landon, so she took this to send him. (:
On tuesday night I got to take the gang with me to Addie's piano. They are pretty noisy, so we stay outside while she's practicing.  The only problem is then I don't really know what Addie's supposed to be doing. :/
Frankie is maturing fast! I've been realizing how much more level headed she's been (for a 5 year old) and how sweet she's been lately. And this is a funny picture of us!
Matt and I were asked to teach Lindy hop at the combined activity on Wednesday, so we'd been dancing a lot, courtesy of YouTube. D-money likes to get in on that action. 
It's been so fun watching our tulips growing and sprouting! They're almost fully bloomed now and I love them so much!
The dance activty was really fun! I was super nervous about it, but it was great!
We had a group of about 4 couples that we taught a basic Lindy 8 step. Lindy hop is kind of a weird dance, but they all got it pretty well. (:
Delaney has been "winking" and I am pretty obsessed with it. Pre-wink....
And wink! It's always the same and I make her do it probably 20 times a day. 
On Thursday we went shopping and then to sweet emmas playgroup birthday party. We watched Emma for a few days when she was a baby and she's always had a special place in our family, even with grandpa and lexi, we all love her!
On Friday Matt and I cleaned out the garage all day. I got all the winter stuff vacuum packed into bags (latest obsession) and put away. Our garage looks great and there were no blowouts, so I call that a good day! As I've been cleaning things out lately I've noticed that even when our house is messy, it's clean at the core, which makes it easy to re-organize. That's what happened in the garage. (:

After the clean fest I took the girls to the park so Matt could rest a little and get ready for his navy weekend. 
The whole neighborhood was there on that beautiful afternoon! We had picked ashby up and then Laura brought maggie over, so the girls happily played all evening. 
We had pizza for dinner and then left to take ashby home right before a thunderstorm hit. Only we got sidetracked visiting with Lana, and got totally rained on. Thankfully they lent us an umbrella, but the rain was fast and furious, and we got drenched! We were all cracking up though, it was so fun!

Mags spent the night and in the morning asked if she could take the girls to the park. It's like, 5 houses away and she's almost 12, so I let her. And I got so much done! Laney had afull dressers worth of clothes + 4 boxes of size 3's that I was able to completely organize. I did dishes and swept, and vacuumed stairs, it was fabulous. 

After the park everyone came over for some dressup. That's a whole lot of high mantienence estrogen right there!
Before maggie left I gave everyone an ice cream cone (COH leftovers) for lunch. Because I'm awesome like that. 
And laney finally tried on one of the lego masks. #tempermental
Then, as if playing at our park all day wasn't enough, we met up with Johnna and grands at the wooden park. 
Group shot! Delaney had decided she was not happy and would not be in the picture. Shocking, right?
Frankie and Landon love eachother. (:
Home for dinner -homemade hamburger helper, (as in, not boxed, just kind of replicated) courtesy of Chris and brenna, and baths, and finally daddy came home. 

We churched it up today and then took naps. I wasn't feeling too good, so I tried to nap all afternoon. I finally gave up and the girls and I read some little town on the prairie. We have two more books in the little house series and I'll be so sad when we're done. Totes planning a trip to the real little house on the prairie! #earrings
And then telling addie off...
And then happy again. All.day.I.swear. 
We also assisted Chris in asking brenna to prom. He made letters on poster board and we went to the park and took pics of each of the kids holding them, then he sent that off to be made into a puzzle. What'll they think of next, right?

Sidenote - I've had so much extra time lately because one bright and early morning (5:45, ya'll) I logged in to my google work account and it reminded me that my temp work assignment ended April 6. I am done working! That's bad news because we've been able to save a lot of that money, but wonderful news for my mental health, home cleanliness, and kids summer outlook. 

Seriously, it was only 10 hours a week, but it has been so wonderful being done. Staying home with my kids is such a blessing and I'm so grateful to be able to devote fully all of my time to my family again. I've worked two jobs, full time, part time, and worked at home, and any way you slice it, it is hard to manage while raising a family. Anyhow, now I can coupon more and get these two big kids some scholarships! Happening!

No comments: