Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring break - day 7 - fort mchenry

Fort mchenry was very cool. We have all been feeling very patriotic and grateful for our flag and our national anthem. 
But first we locked our girls up. (:
And we put them to work. 
The girls had fun running from room to room and exploring. 
A nice lady offered to take our picture. Just Missing lexi and Chris!
We had to run to stay warm!
The ladies signing papers with General George Armitstead. 
We take our paper signing very seriously.
Or not. 
Sweeping is fun!
Cinderelly, cinderelly! And little sister patiently waiting her turn. 
Finally it's happened to me!
This is the place where the infamous flag waved. The place that Francis Scott Key saw that our flag was still there. Makes me all sappy, I know, but I love this land of the free. 
I was thinking we were close to this, and sure enough, after exploring the fort we walked down to the water and I spotted this little cutie. That's lazaretto point lighthouse all lonesome over there. 
Frankie was the only one up for standing on the giant flag. She's standing where she was born and where she's been living all her life (in an Amish paradise).
We bought a fun book about mary pickersgill, the woman who sewed the huge flag flown at fort mchenry, and addie was all excited to take it to school and show mrs G. (Spoiler alert, she read it to the class) you know you have good teachers when your kids are excited to go back to school and tell them about their adventures. We definitely have good teachers!

It was a busy weekend for a baby girl! (I will continue to call her a baby girl, at least until she's out of diapers. And probably after.)
Though I've never watched the show, I thought it'd be cool to get some sweets from charm city cakes. There were 2 locations to choose from, Unfortunately, we chose the wrong location and they weren't open for business. Oh well. 
Finally we went back to the hotel for some more swimming. The girls would have been happy if that would have been all we did. 
They love them some elevators. 
I hadn't slept well the night before, so my amazingly wonderful husband let me nap in the room while he took the girls swimming. He's awesome. 
We bathed the ladies and set out on a pre-dinner walk. #lightship
We grabbed a quick dinner at Shake Shack (I'm on a roll!).
Someone wasn't happy about where she was sitting, can you tell? Sooo sassy!
After dinner we checked out little Italy for a few minutes, and then it was on to bed. And just like that, day 2 of our fun weekend getaway was over. 

No comments: