Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sick Sunday

Yesterday laney woke up with puffy eyes and a runny nose. This morning she looked better, but she started coughing that poor baby-full-of-mucus cough too, so we prayed about it and decided to keep her home. Since tony, matts counterpart, is out of town, we decided it should be me, not him. 

It was great, we cuddled, played one-on-one in the basement, read a stack of books, and had a nice time together. Then we both took a long nap. (:

When she woke up we watched a show and I tried to take a picture, but alas, she's not a good model lately. Tis the fate of kids whose moms take too many pictures I think. She was happy, just not happy to take a picture. 
When we played in the basement she put this hat on and said she was a cowgirl. The whole house is cowgirl/boy, Indian, pioneer crazy on account of reading little house and I.love.it! Addie and lily even played Mary and Laura yesterday, it was so cute. She came up and asked for aprons and everything. I smell a pioneer Halloween costume in our future. (: cowgirl morphed into sherif Callie, which also meant Matt said "sweet sassafras!" and "leaping lassos!" every other word for the rest of the night. Sherif Callie also helped daddy make homemade ice cream, which has been on my list to do for a long time. 
We ate a mess of leftovers for dinner and had a nice visit with the home teachers. I suggested Matt take laney to bed while I read to the girls but he said he wanted to hear little house too. That makes me so crazy happy, I just love it. (: 'twas a good, sick Sunday. 

No comments: