Thursday, November 6, 2014

More fall day fun

More of today. Because you've got to start somewhere, especially when you have no more space on your iphone camera. 

We went to the library this morning, for the first time in a loooong time. I didn't realize it was actually toddler storytime, and I don't think even Delaney qualifies as a toddler anymore, but it was still good. When we got there we saw this fun Veterans Day board and decided to add our veterans to it's patriotic glory. 
Alexis and Christian went to Benito Martinez elementary school for one year in El Paso. Benito Martines was a soldier who'd been killed in the Korean War and was posthumously awarded a Medal of Honor. Anyway, Veterans Day was a big deal at this school. They asked the kids to submit pictures of their relatives who had served in the military, so I gave one of my dad as a marine and one of him in his army gear, since they had divided the pics into the different branches of the military. 

Shortly after I sent the pictures in, I went to vote at the school. As I waited in the long lines I noticed they had blown up several pictures and hung them from the open second story of the schools foyer. As I looked at the pictures, one of them looked strikingly familiar. Even then it took me a minute to realize the marine whose picture had been blown up was my dad! The pic I had submitted was of him with g-ma and g-pa, and my aunt, but they had just cropped my dad in his uniform and made him huge. It was so cool! I brought dad back and showed him, and somewhere (where is it, dad?) is a picture of him with a picture of his much younger marine self. Maybe we can find it, hint, hint. (:
Grandpa Ray also went to Vietnam. And he left behind a wife and 4 young sons. Ken was 6, Glenn - 4, Matt - 2, and mike was just a baby. Huge sacrifice!
We are so proud of our families strong military heritage. 
We had a nice visit with Kori and Alecia at the library. Delaney asked to come home no less than half a dozen times though, so we finally appeased her just before noon. We ate lunch and got franks on her bus. Lady Lanes and Chloe have fun running around Chloe's yard every day. And just fyi "it is not nice to say 'shut up' to Chloe" Delaney knows that from hard experience. 
When we got home, Delaney very melancholically sat on the steps for a few minutes. She's just so earnest with her feelings, even when she's grumpy, it's just funny and cute. 
I got little miss down for her rest and ordered lots and lots of tickets to see a movie with lots of friends on Veterans Day. All those grey dots are in our group. Awwww yeah!
I gave the girls a bath and then trimmed three girls hair. Addie's hair has been super ratty on the ends, I don't even remember the last time she had a trim. She was not happy about it. In fact, she was sent to her room until she could come out and not pout. She made it very clear that she did not want her hair trimmed. It looks so much better though! 

When Frankie gave herself her mullet, I was instructed to cut the back of her hair again to even it out with the mullet sides and give her a more even layering. It's super short again, but that's ok, because the mullet is almost gone. We are in St. Marys county, but not of St. Marys county. 

And little Delaney still had her little reverse devils horns on the back of her head. Franks cut the middle of her hair super short, so it was long on either side. I didn't want to cut the rest of her hair, but it looked really ratty and silly. My poor girls and their weird, weird hair. 

Matt had a work thing tonight. He said he'd just get a dessert and come home, he's such a good guy. I told him to enjoy his night and treat himself. So he did. (: the girls got a kick out of seeing him with his "lopster."
Chris has been looking for jobs, so he treated himself to chicfila. The rest of us ate some delicious and nutritious beef ramen, apples, and yogurt. I do make dinner on occasion. 

We've facetimed with Alexis several times this week. Girl be cray cray. Oh, and just to bring me back down to size, especially since Lana said Lexi took my sweater to school with her because I'm so cool, Lexi told me a hilarious story about something her roomie said the other day. I had met her for about 30 minutes the Saturday night that I left my baby in Idaho all by herself. So somehow our family came up and lexi's roommate asked when I was due! Hahahaha, she thought I was pregnant. Totally awesome.

And that is an awesome fall day. (:

No comments: