Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dino par-tay!

Last night was Frankie's dinosaur party. I wasn't sold on having one for her, I was kind of planning on being on the every other year party plan. But then I wasn't averse to having one either. So we did. (:
We split the kiddos into two groups and had them create a dinosaur. They had to name them and tell me what they ate. Most Dino's ate candy, but a few healthy Dino's ate leaves and greens. Those silly dinosaurs. 

Crazy kiddos!
We had the other group excavating. Because playing in sand is always fun.  
Switch!
Matt made this awesome t-Rex for Pin the Tail on the Dinosaur. He did an amazing job!
Birthday girl got to pin the first tail. And she wouldn't let anyone forget that it was her party day. That morning I asked if she'd like cereal. She said "do you mean would the birthday girl like cereal?" Yes, birthday girl, that's what I meant. 
Addie pulled a 5-year-old cheat. Most of the older kids either pinned it on exactly, or pinned it super far away to be funny. (:
That thar' is a white trash baby. Party at out house? Who needs a shirt, not lanes. 
The finished product. 
Happy birthday (again) to miss froggy!
Present time! That I almost forgot about because the blowup dinosaurs in the front room had layed eggs and kiddies had to collect them! Anyhow, Frankie loved her gifts. There was at least one thing in each gift that she held close to her chest and said "oh, I love it!"
We have such thoughtful friends. (:
And one silly baby. Or big girl. Depends on the day. 
After the festivities, party girl held Adeline. 
And held her again. And again. And again. She's not usually into babies, but she just couldn't get enough bIt was so sweet and Adeline was so calm. Preciousness!
I usually take pictures before the party gets going so I can see how everything came out. But this party day was the usual pre-party craziness and I didn't take any pics. So here are the postparty ones. Oops, I forgot to make a point of handing out the swamp jelly!

Those cupcakes had seen better times. I tried a pinned "cloud frosting" (which also happens to be Martha Stewarts 7-minute-frosting) which was yummy, but the color didn't take very well. 
Why do plastic utensil makers insist on putting the same number of knives as they do forks and spoons? I can't be the only one that's wondered this, right?
When I researched Pinterest I pinned a cute Dino party that served meatballs with a sign that said for Carnivores. So then I fixated on that and built the party menu around that. So even though it seemed odd to serve spaghetti at a birthday party, I wanted my carnivore meatballs. It wasn't until the night before that I started thinking I should have made chicken drumsticks! Duh, what's more dinosaur than eating food off a bone? Oh well. We served spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, veggie cups, raptor claws, swamp jelly, swamp juice, and swamp water. It was a very swampy party, what can I say. Oh, and some candy fried eggs and chicken feet. I'm a candy eating kinda gal, but I didn't dare. Super un-appetizing.  
More of the aftermath. 
It was a fun party, but as with all fun parties, I'm glad it's over. and at the end of the night we had a very happy froggy. And that's what matters. (:

No comments: