Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Celebrating Frankie

Frankie asked for a party this year, and since we went sit her 13th birthday trip last year I said fine. She wanted to do the Moll Dyer Escape Room, which of the 5’ish escape rooms I’ve ever done, is probably my favorite. It was tough finding a good day because her birthday is the Sunday spring break starts and people are going out of town. 

We decided to do it Saturday, less than 12 hours after I got home, but it was lowkey and simple. She invited her Sunday school class, but when none of the girls could come and it was just her and 4 boys I let her invite her 3 besties from school. 

They all listened intently as they got the directions and story of Moll Dyer, a local “witch” circa 1700’s. 

They worked we had was fabulous, she was flexible and had fun with them. She went into the room several times and gave them little hints and then stayed to make sure they were on the right track, and then let them figure out what they could on their own. They “escaped”!

Teens and silly shots, they’re so crazy!

Matt and I sat in the lobby and listened to the fun and hijinx, then when it was over we brought everyone back to our house for cake and presents. 

She got such thoughtful gifts. Somehow everyone knows and remembers she loves hot Cheetos and Reese’s. I’m always impressed when people remember little thoughtful details. 

We had some snacks out too while she opened presents. 

They had like 30 minutes till we dropped them off to get rides to the dance and activity that night and it was so beautiful outside that they went to the park to play lavity no gravity and had the best time. 

Since the silly shot hadn’t worked earlier I made them jump for their second picture. At least I got one airborn. 🤷‍♀️

It was an easy party and after we cleaned up we lazily hung out the rest of the day till I went to bed feeling yuck yuck. Traveling is so fun but is sometimes so physically tough and I don’t know why. It’s frustrating to me!

No comments: