Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Adventures in life

I finally got around to our annual Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt. 

I made it more difficult this year and the girls… did not get it. 🤣

It took them a really long time and they kind of started to lose interest and we were heading to the stake center to set up for women’s conference so I gave them clues. 

I got us a new game called Wingspan that I am totally not sure about but has good reviews and beautiful artwork. We tried to play for family night, but D was the only one who’d read the rules and there was a lot of “do this, but I don’t know what that’s for” going on. We’ll watch some YouTube videos and try again. I really want to like it!

We met up at the stake center for setup. We’d left early to pick up some grass seed and then the nursery was closed so we had dinner at Cheddars then got to church early. 

L-R - Heather, Susanne, Amber, and I’m the shorty. 

We stayed till 9:30’ish and brought Amy home with us so we enjoyed a nice chat and it was a great evening. 

Everyone was home on Friday, which could have been really great but I had WC loose ends to tie up. And also, we did just have a vacation, so a relaxing day at home isn’t the worst thing to happen. Adi and Lily went shopping and had a movie night, but the rest of us stayed home. 

It was another family affair as we headed back to the stake center Saturday morning. The girls wanted McDonald’s brekkie, so we left at 6:30 and ran ran ran. 

I had to laugh at this tower of chili on the stage. And no circuit breakers were popped, so yay!

It was a lovely day. Unfortunately we only had about 200 women. But fortunately we had 200 women! We had 250 last year and had hoped for 300 this year, but life is busy. We probably had 30’ish young women, so that was cool. 

We had technical difficulties that cause us to start 10 minutes late, but no other issues. I only got to enjoy a few minutes in each class, but what I heard was wonderful and it is such a blessing to gather as sisters. 

This is our last hurrah with Amber since she’s moving to South Africa this summer, so she was extra emotional. I’ve loved serving with her and this has been her favorite calling - which is wonderful to serve with women who love to serve! My new counselor is super excited too, so it’s all good. 

I love women’s conference, truly. And I love when it’s over. We had helpers come clean and take down with us, but we still didn’t leave till just after 4. 

These girls worked hard all day! They kept our snack tables stocked and ran errands for us and helped setup and cleanup and were just all around mvp’s. 

We unloaded and put away and washed dishes and put away and decided to have a breaking dawn marathon (minus the steamy scenes) and it was a lovely night. Wonderful day wonderful night. Parts of Breaking Dawn were filmed in Squamish and we knew which scenes to look out for, including one where Bella is driving in “Forks” but really she’s driving on the Sea to Sky Highway and you can see a 80kph sign. We paused and snapped a pic, obvi. 

We got to church early to put away easels and for adi to play prelude. We ended up with extra waters that we returned (on Tuesday and extra easels that we need to return to their proper ward buildings. 

We researched and planned our summer trip all day on Sunday. I’m excited to report that we’ve got a rough plan, bought our airline tickets and procured one rental house. When the girls got home from school we watched a video of our ship and we’re all getting excited. 4 more months!

For family night we had popping Oreos and watched some rock Steve’s videos. We are including the girls in this years trip planning. 🤗

LG is getting traffic lights! Finally! I met with my new counselor and spent 2 hours with her and we’re gonna get along just fine.

On Tuesday night Matt took D to ballet and Frankie and I picked up Jaidyn and Jessica and met up with the rest of her crew at LHS for rising freshman night! 4th raider strong kid over here! She’s super nervous but it’s gonna be fabulous. 

In other “how did this happen” news - Adi got her learners permit this morning! Everybody’s growing up. She did not want to drive back to school and I am fine with that. She’s been driving with Matt a few times and I am happy to let him take the lead there. 

At 2 I headed up to Dulles for my flight to visit the boys (and Lu) in Great Falls! I got a notice that my flight was running late, and I only ever had a 1 hour layover in Minneapolis, so it was gonna be tight, but I felt ok about waiting. I hung out in the USO and ate dinner, but then whomp, whomp - delayed another hour. I went back to the gate and then called another lady at delta and then talked to another lady at the gate and I decided to head to Minneapolis and pray for the best. Idk if they’ll be willing to get me a hotel and flights tomorrow are iffy too, but I’m not stressed. 

Maybe I’ll get lucky and my Great Falls flight will be running late too. 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻  Adventures in life. 

No comments: