Friday, March 8, 2024

A Mimi miracle

I’d hoped the flight to Minneapolis might leave early but we didn’t leave till after 8 so I thought for sure I’d be sleeping in Minnesota. I even got a hotel recommendation from my seatmate. 

I texted Matt from the plane around 9:20, what I thought was boarding time for GF, and asked him to check my Great Falls flight hoping that one might be running late too. He said it was on time, but it was only 8:20 there since they’re an hour behind us. Renewed hope!

He found out I’d be flying into gate C11 and my next flight was leaving from gate C12. More hope!

I talked to a flight attendant and she told me I’d have 11 minutes to get there and that they’d do everything they could to get me off the plane quickly because there were a handful of people with close connections but mine was the closest. 

I had myself all ready to roll so that as soon as we stopped I said goodbye to my seat buddy, grabbed my suitcase, and everyone stayed in their seats to let us off! It was so great. There were 2 other guys and we waited at the door as they cross checked and whatever else they do. 

And then we ran! I accidentally brought our suitcase with the sticky handle, sometimes it doesn’t go down, so I resolved to carry it so I didn’t have to worry about it getting stuck. So there I ran like a maniac with my Jean jacket and coat on, big backpack, and carrying my little suitcase. I shouted good luck to my connecting buddies as I ran around the corner, past the restaurants, and to my gate. The gate m was close, but not right next door. My lungs were burning and my mouth was so dry and it’s disconcerting because I thought I was in better shape. 🤣

I shouted “did I make it?” as I ran up and the 2 gate agents cheered and told me I did with 1 minute to spare. They reopened the door for me and I ran to my seat. I wanted to shout and tell everyone “I made it!” but to my new plane buddies I was just the annoying late boarder. C’est la vie!

After all the drama and adrenaline I was shaking and I’m not sure how, but I forgot to fill my water so I was so thirsty still. 

I still can’t believe I made it and I’m soooo grateful to be going to sleep in Great Falls tonight. I can’t wait to see my boys tomorrow! Anyways, that was supposed to be the short story, except I don’t know how to write short stories, of the mimi miracle. 
 

No comments: