Wednesday, February 1, 2023

More October happenings

The girls decorated for Trunk or Treat at church. That’s just not a task I’ve ever taken on. 

The youth were in charge and the younger young women came up with a fun Radioactive activity. 

Cute girls. 

I won the golden ladle in the chili cook off, only because my family and the Darrow’s kids like my white chicken chili. πŸ˜‚ But hey, I’ve been told by my children enough that they don’t like my cooking, so I’ll take it!

The weekend after my septoplasty our stake did a huge JustServe project packaging up food for dozens of food banks around our stake. It was a huge undertaking that unfortunately I didn’t have a lot to do with because of my surgery. At the next stake council meeting I found out that there was a problem getting the meals delivered. I reached out to several of the people in-charge and decided to take on the challenge. It took a lot of phone calls, a lot of helpers, and a lot of faith, but it all worked out. A couple ladies and I helped unload a semi truck of food at the church. We organized them by pantry or church they were ultimately going to, and then counted out the ordered amount of male and female hygiene kits for each. I had between 8-10 helpers over 2 days, carrying, organizing, and finally delivering meal boxes and hygiene kits. Then on the third day Matt and I drove Colleen’s trailer up to Charles County to deliver the last 7-8 orders. This is the one picture I took of the whole adventure. I kept meaning to get. A picture of the nursery, foyer, and hall all the way full of boxes, but we really were very busy. It was a lot of work, but we absolutely loved delivering the food and getting to know the good people that run these good organizations. Everyone was so gracious (the food was several weeks past when they were supposed to be delivered) and friendly. We love meeting good people doing good work. 

Just a cute picture. 🀷‍♀️

I refinished my grandmas hutch. Alli and I cleaned and took the hardware off the bottom, wiped it all down with mineral spirits and then sanded, and finally painted it with “Little Whale” Fusion paint. I like the way it turned out. Now I just need to order fixtures and work on the table. 

A rare trip to Six Flags with just my crew. 

D used to wear the cat ears every day and I loved it so. 

We held our annual Organization Leadership Training at the end of October. We each brought a soup and salad, and I brought desserts. I made 3 cakes, a pumpkin Bundt that I don’t know why I don’t  have a picture of, a French Apple Cake, that was good and not too sweet, and the previously mentioned Cakes By Courtney candy bar cake. This was the practice apple cake I made. 

And the practice candy bar cake. 

For the day of the event I had Alecia and her mother-in-law over to help bake. My phone had also stopped working the evening before, and Matt was out of town because obviously both of those things would happen the one day I had something important. I was so grateful to bake with friends and they made my day fairly stress free, even including two trips to repair my phone.

Organization Training went so well, several of the things we talked about have been implemented and further training from the RS board was focused on things we trained on back in October. πŸ€—πŸŽ‰

We had 4 tables set up, 1 for President’s, 1 for 1st counselors, 2nd, and secretaries. It was a wonderful evening together. 

The young women worked together to carry the giant box for their radioactive activity for the trunk or treat. Team work makes the dream work. 

I’m sure we had a reason for this awesome shot. 

Frankie tan track for the middle school. 

They had one track meet and my dad and I went out to cheer her on. Matt was still out of town. 

Running is hard and she did awesome!

Curtis ran for his school, but they were able to fraternize with the enemy. πŸ˜‚

Delaney made cheater homemade chicken noodle soup. Basically everything but homemade broth. 

I visited the Capitol Ward one day and ViAnn set up visits for us, and Monique treated us to a delicious homemade, sit down lunch and dessert. It was delicious and so sweet of her!)



One day we watched the Wiest’s so their parents could go to the temple. Frankie did a photo shoot with them. 

There were a lot very similar to these two. So very abstract. πŸ˜‚

Have I mentioned they are no longer ju jitsu fans? One more month is all we have left and we’re all ready. It was a year long experiment and now we know. 

Listen, I love a good sunrise and sunset. This was a red sky in morning, sailors take warning, not a red sky at night, sailors delight. A morning warning is so mysterious and romantic. 

One week Delaney cleaned her room. She did it herself a few days and finally I couldn’t take the glacial pace and stepped in to help. We went through books and gave some away, sent some to Carter and Emmett, and donated others.she was pretty proud of herself.  

We got boo’d!

Boo’s are the best fun!

More days of our October lives. 



1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

Love the out-of-order, back-dated, fun, wonderful BLOG!!