Thursday, February 2, 2023

Favorite boys

Delaney was sick all day Monday. She had a good appetite, but needed Tylenol around the clock. Finally on Tuesday morning I called the dr. We had a virtual appointment and she said to bring her in for a throat swab. Sure enough, she was positive for strep throat. I got her started on antibiotics and she started to feel better immediately. 

I had 3 appointments with RS leaders up in Calvert and Bowie, and since Delaney was feeling better, I headed out that afternoon and didn’t get home till 10:30. I trained my new secretary and met with my counselor and a RSP and also went for a rainy day run while I waited. It was an afternoon and evening well spent. 

Matt had to stay late at work, came home for dinner, and immediately headed down to Norfolk for the Navy. I had texted him to give Delaney a dose of antibiotics before he left, but in his hurry he hasn’t seen it. When I talked to Delaney the next morning I mentioned that she’d missed her meds and she told me she had handled it herself! I was a little incredulous, so I had her show me what she’d done and she did it perfectly. She said she’d watched me and she knew what to do. 

She wanted to go to school as soon as she could, so we walked up at 11:30. She got a birthday card from papa and is now looking forward to a mystery package later this week. 

My counselor Debbie is from Jamaica and she loves to cook, so she made chelsea and I each a huge pan of red beans and rice and jerk chicken. We were all excited for our Jamaican dinner last night. 

She asked where the salad was and I grabbed a pic of Adi because fruit and veg was on the side!

I sent Matt a shot of the girls during their last month of ju jitsu. It seems like I’ve only been taking pictures to send to people lately. 🤷‍♀️

Emma got Delaney 2 books from a book series’s she been into and was generous enough to offer to exchange them if she wanted different books. D let me know there were 2 she can’t get from the library, so Alecia exchanged them for us. So happy!

David is in Great Falls and took our favorite boys out to eat. 

I unknowingly FaceTimed during their dinner date so I got to say hi to him, which was funny because I caught up with Laura on Tuesday for the first time in months. 

Carter’s all about the food! 😂

I miss these friends. David says he’ll bring Laura next time he travels to GF’s. 

We’re planning hopefully our last GF’s trip for spring break. Hoping our favorite boys will move east soon!



No comments: