Monday, May 16, 2022

Teacher appreciation week

2 weeks ago was Teacher Appreciation Week. As the chair of that committee at the middle school it was my time to shine. My committee of one came up with the weekly plan just the week before, and thankfully everything came together. I got with Chris and she sent out a collection from parents, so on Monday I filled the fridge with drinks for them. The girls and I got there at 6:30 and lugged all our donations in and got everything set up. 

I remembered I wanted a sign that morning, so the girls drew this on the way to school. 

This lasted 3 days for our staff of almost 100. 

Tuesday I did fresh fruit and veg cups. 

I was up until 1am chopping chopping, then up again by 5. Of course Matt was out of town, so i was flying solo. The girls helped when they were ready that morning, and then we were still late. Thankfully they weren’t marked tardy. 

Even though our garage fridge froze some of my veggies, I thought everything turned out so cutely. The veggie cups had ranch, dill dip, and hummus at the bottom. 

On Wednesday MTSS provided a waffle bar so that was my day off. On Thursday I recruited Nicole to help me provide Panera lunch. I spent hours putting in everyone’s order along with names online, so the pickup went as smoothly as could be expected. Nicole picked me up and we did 2 runs, one for the first 2 lunch shifts, one for the second 2. I don’t think I messed up anyones order, and Nicole and I each took one of the extra lunches home at the end of the day, so it was a delicious end to a busy day. 

Friday was our sweets day. I collected from families and also made s’mores and orange brownies. Then I plated everything in muffin cups for easy grabbing. 

Everyone was so grateful for the fun week. 

Staff appreciation is the best job, I don’t know why I bothered with any other position! It’s fun to plan events, you get to spend time at the school, and everyone loves you when you show up. It’s so great!

Sweets are pretty. 

I promised I would always share my lucky guesses. 

It was a busy week and I had fun with it and also am glad it’s over!

No comments: