Thursday, May 26, 2022

Elm’s

Delaney and I went on the first field trip we’ve been on in at least 2 years. Probably my last Elm’s trip!

I got to squeeze on a seat next to D and Hayden. 

It was in the 50°’s and windy by the water, but of course the kids were all in on the pond searching. 

She found the perfect log to sit on. She really wanted to catch a frog, but no luck. 

Next it was the nets in the Bay. 

I’ve done this field trip at least twice before, and I’ve never seen so many kids so wet. You always have your outliers, but this time it was almost every kid in up to their waists. It had warmed up a bit, but I never took my jacket off. 

Everyone spent some time dumping water out of their boots. 

Now she wants to buy a net. 

The bay was choppy and the waves were loud and wild. It was a beautiful day at the beach. 

After lunch we got to work on our watershed activity. 

We had a firecracker who had trouble with listening ears and that made this activity tricky, but still so fun. 

Adi took pictures at ju jitsu, then they had a fun improv night for YW while D and I went to BJ’s and Target. 

Today i mailed bubba his first package. The postal worker was super helpful and it went smoothly. Coming up on a busy and fun weekend. 

No comments: