Saturday, May 14, 2022

A little bit of this

We jiu jitsu’d. Frankie and Delaney practiced together for the first half. Then everyone sparred, and because I’m the worst JJS mom, I couldn’t help but laugh. It was a quiet laugh, but still, kids wrestling around with all their might is pretty funny. 

Thursday these 2 cuties and I got to volunteer at the temple. It is the coolest blessing to be able to be part of. We rode up with Tony, Abby, Chelsea, and Quinton. We finished at 10 and hit up McDonald’s for ice cream, so we got home at midnight. Late night, but still the best way to spend a day!

I spent the day on the 6th floor - with all the Sealing Rooms. I answered all the questions about divorce (“are you guys allowed to get divorced?” 😂) and talked to tons of really cool people. Everyone was so happy to be there, and since the 6th floor was the end of the temple tour I got to talk to people about their experience and got nothing but positive feedback. After the girls shift ended we got to walk around a bit. Frankie has heard so much about it that I didn’t have to do much explaining. She knew what she was looking at and was so just so excited to be in the temple. When we got ready the next morning she came to me with loads of really good questions. 

The younger YW planned a Capture the Flag activity for Wednesday night. They put in a lot of time and effort and from all accounts it went really well. 

Everyone seemed excited to play and the pictures look like everyone had fun!

Poor Delaney thinks she should get to be in young women too and that primary never does anything fun. 🙄 I’ve been telling her for months to plan an activity and take it to her leaders. She really wanted to stay and play, but I didn’t think it would be fair to put a tiny 10-year-old in the game slowing her team down. We went to Bruesters with a gift card instead. 



Adi and i are going to work on her conducting skills. Conducting is one of those things that, when done well you don’t even notice, and when done poorly sticks out like a sore thumb. I’ve done it both ways, so I know. 

We went to the dentist that morning. Adi is sooo close to having her expanders removed and she is sooo ready. Can you tell we’re pretty friendly with Miss Claudia? Seeing someone every 2 weeks creates friends. 

We often go to Sonic for drinks after the dentist, and Adi took her milkshake to school. When she got home she showed me she’d found this at the bottom of her cup. Gross!

On Tuesday night I dropped Frankie off at Clair’s so she could her make banners for Capture the Flag, and I went to the church and painted a temple. This has definitely been the most frequently done activity for every ward the past few months. 

Alli came down Tuesday and we did some research, picked a color, and got to work on our first refinishing project piece from my moms house. We cleaned, sanded, then painted. This was after its first coat. 

Papa sent trip progress pictures, so I sent this cute one of adi. 

After piano and ju jitsu Monday night, we used a Cold Stone ice cream gift card from Jackie and autumn. Ice cream really does make sad times feel better. 

Continuing working backwards. Our 3 times a week activity. 

I will probably always screenshot second guesses. Future Shell, look forward to that. 

Mother’s Day was quiet and sweet. Delaney came to me with the iPad closed and asked for help. When I flipped it open, this was the screen saver. ♥️

It was my first Mother’s Day without my mom. It’s tender, but mostly peaceful. Ok, I did cry most of church, but that’s kind of normal for right now. I know my mom is still around, cheering me on and loving on all of us. 

Some years when life is weird you get eggos for Mother’s Day brekkie. It happens. 

I got lots of love and back rubs and the girls got together and planned out dinner. I didn’t want to be involved and didn’t know how much Matt was involved. Anyway, we had from scratch biscuits and pancakes, and then Delaney’s best brownies. Kinda carb heavy, but I love that they did it themselves. 

No comments: