Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Memorial Day

On Thursday we went to Nathan and Shelby’s reception. I made a big charcuterie style veggie tray and thought it looked so pretty. We decorated it with fresh mint sprigs from our garden and it looked even better. I heart charcuterie boards. We went early to help Nola and she did such a good job with games and fun. I guessed the closest amount of Kisses in the jar and won a big jar of Hershey Kisses. 

On Friday Delaney and Adi had an exciting day at the dentist. Adi got her expander removed and she was so happy! Now she’s got to wear her Myobrace which is like a giant plastic retainer. She’s working to keep it in her mouth all night, but it’s kind of painful and big, so it pops out. 

Saturday was our neighborhood 5k. We weren’t going to participate, but Chris asked if I’d man the banana table and then Matt offered to man the course. It’s always a fun event, even when you’re roped into helping. They said the LG 5k has donated $24,000 to the Volunteer Fire Department over the last 10 years, so that’s amazing. 

Our girls have a tradition of opening up the pool, so even though it wasn’t too warm, they jumped in right at 10, along with our neighbor Tyler. 
 



They immediately popped up and said how freezing the water was. They didn’t last long. 

That evening we went to taco night at the Darrow’s.



The Myers’s came to town and it was such a great night! The kids all cut up and clicked right away. 

Shelly just got right back in. I miss her so much!

Thank goodness Shelly took some pictures because I get a D- in my weekend picture taking. 

On Sunday I went to LP’s 5th Sunday meeting and got to catch up with Rob Utzinger. They are moving back and we are so excited! I stayed for our ward with my family, and both wards had great 5th Sundays lessons. I had our last Temple Open House meeting, and then the Myers (and papa) came over for dinner. Again, photo thanks to Shelly. The adults went for a walk and we talked about all the things and it was such a good night. 

Monday was our annual Memorial Day picnic. It was hot, but a lot of fun. It was a really great missionary day. Cyndi brought her family, our new member Sheila came, the Howell’s brought one of Matt’s coworkers, and at the very end a lady showed up that I’ve never seen before and whose name and address I didn’t recognize. Then she said she had our RS 80’s happy birthday card on her fridge! We knew people would want to be our friends if they saw how cool we were! 😂 Anyway, she has a different name and address then what was on our records, that’s why I didn’t recognize it, but it was so fun to chat. And Delaney offered to watch her little girl at the park so we could visit under the shade, so she was being a good little missionary and I was so proud of her. 

When we got home Matt took the girls to the pool and then I went to Sarah’s for one last girls night with Shelly. We played games and ate yummy food and it was really fun. I came home with a tummy ache and then couldn’t sleep, but other than that it was a wonderful weekend. And after today we only have 11 more days of school!

No comments: